What did you do to your Caprice today?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
Chef

Re: What did you do to your Caprice today?

Post by Chef »

got around to replacing the h11's. Man, the passenger side was such a pain. Next up will be the h7s and maybe some LEDs for the 'brow' lights
Attachments
low beams.jpg
low beams.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 2033 times
11' Stock 9c1 with a red wrap that's starting to grow on me
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

I did my spark plugs and now my car idles much much better! Glad I finally did it, the easiest set of plugs I've ever done on something that has more than 4 cylinders.
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

I got the rear Tein springs installed on new Monroe shocks/struts. The car looks much better now lowered all around.
Attachments
PXL_20220131_220541935.jpg
PXL_20220131_220541935.jpg (5.15 MiB) Viewed 1960 times
Stingroo

Post by Stingroo »

More over the past couple of days but...

Bought the car, brought it home and immediately put it on ramps:

It's too quiet.

Honestly just removing those two massive monsters was enough. The sound is nice. Going to take it to a local shop soon and get tips made up. Likely cut the flange off those mufflers, extend them to reach the end, and put a pair of nice dual tips on. Sounds much better without being obnoxious.

Then restored the headlights with a Meguiar's kit - did a fairly decent job I felt:

And then gave it a nice bath today after installing the 5th gen V6 Camaro wheels:

Stingroo

Post by Stingroo »

Couldn't stand the rear trim being rhino lined... so I found this from one of the sellers in a facebook group:

Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

I've always liked the Stateman look. Quick question, did you cover up the trunk keyhole? I'm just asking as I put a factory backup camera in place of my trunk lock, but, I have fold down rear seats to pull the emergency latch open in case of a power fail...

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Stingroo

Post by Stingroo »

Pursuit wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:01 am I've always liked the Stateman look. Quick question, did you cover up the trunk keyhole? I'm just asking as I put a factory backup camera in place of my trunk lock, but, I have fold down rear seats to pull the emergency latch open in case of a power fail...

Regards,

Maurice
Yeah, I pulled the lock. Not too concerned about it really - I almost never use the trunk. Not sure if my rear seat folds... should look into that, I suppose lol
Stingroo

Post by Stingroo »

Bought two key fobs with remote start and the hood latch. Installed it and programmed the fobs. Now I just need to get the BCM programmed to have the remote start option.
Stingroo

Post by Stingroo »

Figured out that the BCM part number for the '11 PPV cross-references to a few GM SUVs. Ordered one on eBay for $45 shipped to my door, used, and will send that to White Audio and Media to enable remote start!
slomaxx

Post by slomaxx »

Stingroo wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:08 pm Figured out that the BCM part number for the '11 PPV cross-references to a few GM SUVs. Ordered one on eBay for $45 shipped to my door, used, and will send that to White Audio and Media to enable remote start!
Which SUVs are the same??
2012 Alto Gray 9C1