Caprice extended warranty

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
vetterss

Caprice extended warranty

Post by vetterss »

Since I am just jumping into the Caprice world, I thought I read or heard somewhere that the motors had extended warranties on them due to the potential DOD/AFM issues. Does anyone know what the length of the extensions were if still even available? I'm looking at 2012-2014 cars. Thanks!
Mike
1973 Corvette Coupe
2023 C8 Corvette Coupe
s/c'd cav

Re: Caprice extended warranty

Post by s/c'd cav »

nothing extended , 5yr 100k from its sold date is it
SBRMD

Post by SBRMD »

You can buy any of the usual GMPP/Major guard plans for it through any GM dealer.
Steve Robin
Minneapolis, MN
'11 PPV 9C3 Phantom Black Metallic
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

But said GM extended warranty will have them returning the engine to OEM configuration should you suffer a failure of any of the DOD parts, so you'll still have the DOD parts to worry about.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

Prior to my ownership, my Caprice received a new cam, lifters etc under GM warranty at 109K miles. I assume it was done in good faith as the law enforcement department consistently purchased from the same dealership and service department.
2016 Caprice
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

SSpeedracer wrote:Prior to my ownership, my Caprice received a new cam, lifters etc under GM warranty at 109K miles. I assume it was done in good faith as the law enforcement department consistently purchased from the same dealership and service department.
while that could be possible , its also possible the department paid to have it done as well , or even a split between warranty and customer pay
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

s/c'd cav wrote: while that could be possible , its also possible the department paid to have it done as well , or even a split between warranty and customer pay
No. I wrote what happened above. It was entirely covered under warranty.
2016 Caprice