door lock ####

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
cerbomark

door lock ####

Post by cerbomark »

The passengers side door lock has not always been locking. I can push button down and then it works a few times. Strange always opens but doesn't t always lock. The button feel tight when pushing it down. I have a few hundred more miles of warranty and I ll bring it in next week. I tried pulling the door panel out and the lever seems to be free to move up and down. Thoughts?
2016 C1
s/c'd cav

Re: door lock ####

Post by s/c'd cav »

bad actuator
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

s/c'd cav wrote:bad actuator

Thanks, hope the dealer has one in stock. I m an hour each way, LOL.
2016 C1
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

Update, I have been studying this lock a little. It is tight on the last 1/4 inch up. If I pull it completely it will work again (down). Always goes down after that slight help up. On the up, after it doesn't t fully come up it is then again not functioning. Like it binding at the top. So is this the the actions of a bad actuator ???
Going to look behind the panel again tomorrow but wanted some thoughts or things to check. Thanks.
Don t want the dealer to find something mis aligned and blame me and deny warranty claim and charge me.
2016 C1
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

Update/. Maybe this will help someone someday. Something just didn't t seem right so again I saw that the lock was tight at the top. It should be noted that the screw in the lower door pull area was rounded out (thanks to someone else) and I can not get it out. That leads me to believe someone before me was behind that panel and forced it out a little to get whatever they were doing. That put pressure on the door lock button rod (bending it a little). That s why it s binding on the door lock hole in the panel.
Also the lock works fine with the door panel loosened up. So I bent the rod a little so it was more centered in the hole. It s a thin soft rod and easy to bend. Put everything back and it has been working fine. Button now travels all the way up when activating it open. Hope that was it.
I guess the lesson is that with all the add on s and people pulling wires things get disturbed.
2016 C1
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

with your post sunday , id say something might have been bent

todays post , obviously something was bent

good to know it was a easy fix