picked up 2016

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
cerbomark

picked up 2016

Post by cerbomark »

Picked up a 2016 Caprice c1, white, 34K, 900 running hr/ 240 idle hours.
Drove it home 1500 miles in one day. I feel like I have a ton of stuff to correct. TPMS says low right rear tire when it s not low.
Where is the air cabin filter if there is one? I m sure I ll have more questions and I have been reading on this site for weeks now. I have a few interior clips (sun visor) that they broke and a good detail to start with. Have to call dealer with vin and see if I have any warranty left? I have Safelite coming to fix a chipped windshield. Common windshield or will that ne an issue of they can t repair? Ordering new tires as the originals are loud. Then a good exterior polish and hopefully won t find to much but I did see when driving it home that maybe a trunk hole was filled in. When I picked up car the passengers door lock and trunk release button was not working. Sometime during the long trip it was working, what to check?
Well it drove great, the DOD was not as intrusive as I remember on my 2010 truck. Didn't t even see an indicator on the dash? The sport mode button really feels great but didn't t want to use it as I just wanted to make the trip home with no issues on an untested car.
I got 23 MPG in 1500 miles of highway (65-90MPH).
I am assuming brakes to be good at that mileage but will check that after I get all other things cleared up.
Any advise comments appreciated.
Pics to follow after all is done!
2016 C1
CrashTestDummy

Re: picked up 2016

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Check all the tires with a gauge. They’ll rotate the tires and not reset the TPMS, so it could be another corner. Say the RF. Does it pull a bit right now?

Cabin filters are generally a no, but are an option you can add.

And yeah, pics, or it didn’t happen. :mrgreen:

Welcome!!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

cabin filter is factory equipped and under the hood , you have to remove the plastic panel on the pass side to get to it
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Keep in mind it may not be the tires that are loud. You know Caprice's come with very low level of sound deadening material? I should rephrase that - PPV's in the US come with virtually no sound deadening material. So before you spend money on tires consider that.

That being said make use your new windshield is the sound deadening type. There are aftermarket non deadened windshields out there.

Trunk release only works with the car on. That when you tried it? One on the remote works all the time that one working?
Last edited by smwalker on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

> Cabin filters are generally a no, but are an option you can add.

Gene you do not have a filter? THought they were standard? You ever look? Bet yours is all clogged up!! LOL
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

You guys are right on. Tires filled, light out, I did what the door said as far as PSI, kinda high but.
Cabin filter looked good, right where you said it was.
Does the AUTO lamps not work on PPVs?
What is the Speed Capture on my center display area when I scroll to it?
Dealer told me I have 2K left on warranty and then 5 years 100K on powertrain. Would that include the DOD/AFM system?
On my rear bumper, right above Plate there is something mounted, looks like camera type thing, what is that?

Did full in / out detail, checked filters, oil just changed, fluids look good.
Next/. have to get new clips for passengers side dash post cover. Who ever ripped some interior stuff apart was not neat.
Tints to follow. Have to see what part of the dash is available for under the climate controls where it meets the mounting center console, ideas?
Some type of cup holders needed too.
Anything else to be aware of?

Thanks!
2016 C1
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

> Have to see what part of the dash is available
> for under the climate controls where it meets the mounting
> center console, ideas?

Can you get a pic of that?

> Does the AUTO lamps not work on PPVs?
Yours may have been programmed off - On the back / under side of your trunk floor cover is your SPID (Service Parts Identification) label. IF you have code VVS listed then auto lamps (and thus DRL) was programmed off or deleted. A GM dealer can turn it back on or you can do it yourself through the GM SPS programming site if you got the correct programming tools.

> On my rear bumper, right above Plate there is something
> mounted, looks like camera type thing, what is that?
Your backup cam should be mounted in your trunk lid, that's working right? Get a pic of this one above the plate.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

2016 C1
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

two requested. Thanks.
2016 C1