Checking on mid-Atlantic state users - Hurricane Florence

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
elc32955
System Manager

Checking on mid-Atlantic state users - Hurricane Florence

Post by elc32955 »

OK Folks, as you know VA, NC, SC, and maybe parts to the north are about to be swacked by a rather intense hurricane that will become a colossal rainmaker. Unless you're flying in and flying right back out, these states are probably no-go zones at this point. Any users in this area that evacuate are encouraged to let us know where you are if you evacuate. If you have to leave them behind, let us know how your home & cars faired when you get back. Not saying that we can do that much for you remotely, but there's always that chance. If you need something from us, post it up as the car community is pretty close-knit.

Users that know me personally know I have a long Emergency Management background. When I first started on the "circuit" in 1990 giving hurricane presentations, I used to use Hurricane Hugo slides to do public presentations with. Now this storm, IF the factors in play come together in the right manner, has the distinct potential to make Hugo look like a tinker toy.

No joking here, don't drive through flood waters. Use common sense & stay safe!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Mooseman

Re: Checking on mid-Atlantic state users - Hurricane Florenc

Post by Mooseman »

Definitely stay safe down there. Don't take any chances if ordered to evacuate thinking you can ride it out. Property can be replaced, you can't. This one is being called a monster so no chances to take.

God speed.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
CrashTestDummy

Re: Checking on mid-Atlantic state users - Hurricane Florenc

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Yes! As one who 'enjoys' storm watching every year, and having lived through a couple, this one is not one to be trifled with.

GET OUT!!

And it's not the wind, although that will be a big deal. It's the water. There expecting FEET of the stuff. It's not easy to swallow all that water. We just got our house put back together from last year's Harvey after getting water in the house, and we were lucky.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?