Vibration/Rattle @ Startup after Collision

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
ejf2461

Vibration/Rattle @ Startup after Collision

Post by ejf2461 »

I recently got my vehicle back after being at the body shop for 9 weeks after it was T-Boned. I looks Amazing and Runs & Drive A1. My problem is when I start the vehicle I hear a vibration/rattle for about 30 seconds and then it goes away. Today it was time for the first oil and I ask the Chevrolet Dealer to have a listen. The Manager think it might be one of the Cat-converters. $700 for the part. I have got no codes yet but my OCD is killing me when I hear the vibration. Anybody else had this issue?
2013 Impala 9C1
2013 Caprice PPV 9C1 V8
xcidmigs

Re: Vibration/Rattle @ Startup after Collision

Post by xcidmigs »

A bunch of guys on here myself included will have pairs of the stock cats sitting around that I'm sure you can buy for a much better price than $700. Its a very easy RR also and I can't see why the dealer would give you a hard time about swapping one factor part for another.
xcidmigs

Re: Vibration/Rattle @ Startup after Collision

Post by xcidmigs »

A bunch of guys on here myself included will have pairs of the stock cats sitting around that I'm sure you can buy for a much better price than $700. Its a very easy RR also and I can't see why the dealer would give you a hard time about swapping one factor part for another. I have had multiple explorer utility trucks crap up the cats and make these same noises some that are just there all the time on acceleration. Ford just warranties them, surprised GM won't consider that since usually emmisions parts have million mile warranty thanks to the feds...