Crashed 2011 Caprice PPV spotted - Local Police Dpet.

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
K9Vic

Crashed 2011 Caprice PPV spotted - Local Police Dpet.

Post by K9Vic »

I saw this back in May and since I just signed up here I decided to post a few pictures I took of a 2011 Caprice PPV that was hit by a driver that failed to yield to the police Caprice. I am not going to name the department and I am not affiliated with any department. Just thought I would share and I think they had it fixed, but not 100% sure. This department only had two Caprice PPV and if this was not fixed that would leave only one.

elc32955
System Manager

Re: Crashed 2011 Caprice PPV spotted - Local Police Dpet.

Post by elc32955 »

Yep, damage didn't look sufficient enough to justify totalling the Caprice. And insurance would probably kick in anyway....
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

They did fix it as I saw it today with the same unit number 32. So they still have two of them, but from what I was told they will likely only buy Tahoes in the future.
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

That's not Farmers Branch is it?

They have a few of the new Caprices... Duncanville has at least one of them...

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

No, I can PM you who it is if you really want to know, but I did not want to make it public. However if someone guesses it correctly that is out of my control. I did find out today that they have three and not two Caprice PPV. The rest of the fleet is Tahoe and Chargers, but not sure if they will still buy both or stick to the Tahoe.