New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:18 pm 

I ordered a pair of Flip Keys for my car recently, and I was finally able to get them cut. They work great. I don't have a factory flip key to compare it to, but I'm more than happy with them.

Site I used was remotesremotes.com. On their site, I looked up G8 keys.

Here is a link to the pair I ordered. I get nothing from this, I'm only including the link because it doesn't show on their site with the G8 results, but did come up in a google search:
https://www.remotesremotes.com/product-p/g_083-x2.htm

Price is $45-free shipping, but I called in the 800 number listed on the page just to confirm they were complete, batteries and all, and ordered over the phone and got an extra $5 off doing it that way.

They also list one key for $25 shipped on the site.

Of course these come uncut. Getting them cut was another story- 2 dealerships near me that cut keys didn't have a machine that would hold the key after one side was cut, but they did give me the key code info. 2 locksmiths later, and I found one that could cut them for $40 each key :( . Got them cut, and I'm good to go now. Keys & remotes both work well.

Here are the pics: