Rev limited

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
Jtcaprice

Rev limited

Post by Jtcaprice »

Does anyone know why my 2012 9c1 has limited revs while in neutral? I've never experienced this with a performance vehicle. It seems limited to around 4000 or so.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Rev limited

Post by Navy Lifer »

throttle-by-wire limits RPM
Jtcaprice

Post by Jtcaprice »

Hey Navy, thanks so much for the reply, I figured it was some factory nonsense but I was worried there could've been an issue with the car. I've only had it for about 6 weeks or so. It's a beautiful car with low mileage and only minor cosmetic issues. When I started researching the ppv's and realized their performance potential I just had to have one. It has several very strange electronic issues that I haven't figured out yet, so I named her Christine. I'm former army 82nd airborne by the way. My name's Joseph. So far the only mods are dod delete, westin push bar, and 20" led light bar. Took from 6:30pm to 4:am to install that bar!
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

GM has had a 4k limit on all auto since the mid 90's , was done partly to limit the trans damage from neutral drops on rental cars , since people llike to beat them HARD !!!
Jtcaprice

Post by Jtcaprice »

Had no idea. This is my first chevy. I used to be a ford fan. Emphasis on USED.
Jtcaprice

Post by Jtcaprice »

Any idea why the radio doesn't like to turn off when I get out of my 9c1? Or why the windshield wipers make a robotic sound that reverberates through out the vehicle? I love this car, and I got a good deal on it, but it does some unexplainable and at times infuriating stuff. Like when it's pouring down rain but the radio wants to stay on. Have to open and closethe door about 10 times while toggling the ignition. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. No one I've mentioned it to knows so far :( .
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

that could be the drivers door lock actuator having some bad connections inside , and not telling the bcm the door is opening

the wipers must have something bad in the linkage
Jtcaprice

Post by Jtcaprice »

You think pulling the door panel off would reveal the issue? Perhaps I'll do that thisweekend. I need to remove the rear door panels anyway to reconnect the door cables so they will open from the inside.
Jtcaprice

Post by Jtcaprice »

Every once in a while the wipers will start by themselves when thecar is started. They also sometimes get stuck in the middle of the windshield when I turn the wipers off.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

talk to steve(smwalker) about the actuator , he was trying to do a cleaning of the contacts to make them work again

not sure if that would be the stalk that controls the wipers or if there is a module some where