Financing issues.

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
CrashTestDummy

Re: Financing issues.

Post by CrashTestDummy »

We also financed through out credit union. No problems. We could have also financed it through USAA, who provides our insurance.

Actually, the only 'issues' we had was a short-lived issue where USAA couldn't find the car based on the VIN. Apparently, these Chevys don't have a 'standard' Chevy VIN, since they're assembled by Holden. We eventually got all that worked out.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
tedwards0633

Post by tedwards0633 »

I was able to finance through Capital One Auto.
garrett

Post by garrett »

Figured I'd add to the discussion, I'm financing my '12 9C1 through my credit union (VACU) at an interest rate of 4.5%. This is my first loan of any type and first time financing a vehicle. Bought it from a small used car lot specializing in ex-police vehicles.

The process was very smooth for the most part, there was some confusion on their end due to the VIN being structured differently than other Chevys. My CU must go by NADA values because they said it was worth $16k in the shape I found it in (112k/good condition). I thought that was pretty good considering they only wanted $8500 for the car. I'm insured through USAA; as previously mentioned they had trouble figuring out what the car was initially, but that was quickly resolved.
robbyburty

Post by robbyburty »

Agreed on Credit Union.

They gave me $8k at 1.6% for 3yr. I think it was based on 80% value.

Was Credit Union in Austin Texas...UFCU
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

For what it's worth, local credit union didn't have any issue, didn't blink when I gave them the VIN, only asked what drew me to the car itself.

Progressive giving a quote was only a phonecall away (online quote wasn't having it) and when I spoke to the CSR, she confirmed the VIN and only asked 6 or 8 cylinder. Cheaper to insure than my crown vic surprisingly...

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
jreid8231

Post by jreid8231 »

Being in the car business I can tell you why tehre's a problem. It's all about value "if" the car comes back to them via repossession. There needs to be a market for a vehicle so the value can be set. The problem is these cars weren't ever released to the public in large numbers so no wholesale values have been set on large numbers of cars via auction sales. Mainly the only cars that come through auctions are either brand new in a GM Factory sale or totally destroyed in municipal auctions with none in between. The only way a person is going to get financed on a newer Caprice is to put a large amount down and have one hell of a credit score.