chevrolet caprice ppv europe import

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
vmaxcap

chevrolet caprice ppv europe import

Post by vmaxcap »

hi everybody

i open this new toppic to answer the questions ask in the new user/intro forum-euro ppv forum

best karma_police

the Belgium emission standards (environment pollution class) is euro 5 class
no problem with Belgium and europe emission standards

it was not difficult to import the chevrolet in Belgium
no problems with homologation etc.
there was no other chevrolet caprice ppv in europe
afther the homologation the chevrolet was putt in a new databank because there was no other chevrolet caprice with police specs !!!

there where 2 chevrolet caprice's for sale in europe
1 in Germany : chevrolet caprice 2007 ss v8 ,
and 1 in netherlands : chevrolet caprice 2009 royale v8
no problem importing regular chevrolet caprice's or ppv's into europe

the german t.u.v. is a verry good system.
it will not cause any problem for chevrolet caprice ppv's
i wish there was a t.u.v. in Belgium !

i hope i help with the answers
feel free to ask anything
i will try at my best to answer

regards
vmaxcap
vmaxcap

Re: chevrolet caprice ppv europe import

Post by vmaxcap »

here pictures of the chevrolet caprice 2009 ss v8 for sale in Germany

i think its sold !

vmaxcap
Attachments
20inchcap.JPG
20inchcap.JPG (31.19 KiB) Viewed 18857 times
vmaxcap

Post by vmaxcap »

vmaxcap wrote:here pictures of the chevrolet caprice 2009 ss v8 for sale in Germany

i think its sold !

vmaxcap
Attachments
20inchcap..JPG
20inchcap..JPG (25.99 KiB) Viewed 18857 times
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Nice. Now, wouldn't that be something. The cars come here on a car carrier from Australia, and then some enterprising individual causes them to go on ANOTHER ride over to Europe so they could be imported to Germany. Talk about globetrotting cars...
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
iboughtonetoo

Post by iboughtonetoo »

Oh Germany is the EU hub for all sorts of cars. It's pretty much the only place to get US only models already imported. Then again, Europe doesn't have the EPA that won't let you register anything newer than 30 years if it hasn't been ran through fed emissions by manufacturer...

Frankly its car collector heaven there if you have the pockets.

There used to be a licensed Cadillac/gmc dealer in Sweden that would sell you escalades and what not, but I think they closed/revamped since their name now only rings up a motorbike dealership.
2015 0 days in service. Carpet, factory SL delete. purch @ 86, nov 2016 hit 13000. yeah!
http://i.imgur.com/W52rR3H.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1LE

Post by 1LE »

Hi,

Perhaps I can shed some more light on this US-car to Europe import. Different laws and regulations applies to different model years but for simplicity I’ll stick to the Caprice PPV. In general common EU-rules applies for all EU-countries, however local/country specific rules may apply and I can only vouch for Sweden.

Do what you can to have an as trouble free import as possible, do the following:
- Get in touch with your local/country specific authority on car inspection/approval to find out specific requirements the car must meet for the model year/model years you plan to buy. You may otherwise be in for very costly and/or not very desirable modifications to the car.
- For the car you choose to buy make sure it has a clean title: this implies it is a car that has been in use on public US roads, it’s likely not a stolen car either, also it makes it so much easier to get the car registered in Sweden as it got a US id and the authorities also do background checks based on the title for any theft/fraud or shady background. Not a clean title or no title, you’re likely to have issues/problems.
- Also make sure the Federal Safety Certification sticker in the driver’s side door opening is in place and intact, verifies this particular car is manufactured to meet the US vehicle standards for use on public US roads. An intact Vehicle Emission sticker in the engine compartment also helps you.

The clean title and the Federal Safety Certification sticker also certify the car meets the needed requirements and you also won’t need to obtain separate certificates regarding brakes, fuel tank/system and theft prevention. You would need however to obtain a separate certificate for the engine and the emission system as well as noise levels. This is s service you can purchase from specific certified companies in Sweden and/or elsewhere in Europe.

Modifications needed for a PPV includes adding orange side/front fender turn signals and separate orange turn signals at the rear i.e. fairly easy. Then you’re good to go, providing the car passes the safety inspection. Also, make sure the car is original, at least not very obviously modified, the car will be thoroughly checked.

I picked up mine, a 2011 9C3, in July 2014 in West, Texas.

Hope this clarifies a bit.

Thanks
Ove
Karma_Police

Post by Karma_Police »

Ah, this thread was meant for me, and I only saw it now!

I'm in the process of importing my PPV to Germany right now. We'll see how difficult it will be. So far I already put the Aus LED tail lights on, so rear orange signals wont be an issue. But after reading the post above, i hope i wont have to put the fender indicator on... Is there even any existing wiring behind the PPV's plastic insert? I hope another BCM reprogramming isnt needed... what a nightmare.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

No, sorry. There isn't any wiring behind the black fender inserts. Most of us just spliced into the wiring from behind the headlights. I bought the right connectors for the side indicators routed the wire from the headlights to the fender vents using some black split-loom, corrugated sleeve.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Karma_Police

Post by Karma_Police »

That doesn't seem too bad at all. I'm still curious if I will really need to do it. Most of the pictures in here seem to point to yes, however the OP has his caprice in belgium and if i recall correctly did not have the fender indicators in. To be honest I would love to just keep the black plastic insert in there. :D
Karma_Police

Post by Karma_Police »

Looks like I will also need a rear fog light - as seen in this pic below. Not too bad.
Attachments
crash2.JPG
crash2.JPG (115.58 KiB) Viewed 17189 times