2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV Information

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
EJD1984

2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV Information

Post by EJD1984 »

I emailed a regional rep yesterday asking if the 2014 Caprice Detective 9C3 version would still have the floor console and shifter. Here's was the answer.
For 14 we will have a column shift and will be able to add all the 9c3 options on our 9c1 caprice
It looks like the new Caprice's here will only have the the column shifter, and the new equipment mountable console.

Bummer. When/If I get a Caprice early next year, It'll be a 2011-13 model.

Top Speed Caprice Information - http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/ ... 59655.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: 2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV Information

Post by Navy Lifer »

I see your frequent posts on GM Inside News - welcome to New Caprice!

Stop by as often as you can, and give us some "love" over at GMI, too!

BTW - the Top Speed link seems to still be using 2011 photos of Caprice PPV, based on the rear bumper fascia, which was changed for 2012 & later to a single-piece design, rather than what is shown.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome to the system! Also... for the 2014 9C1 it's not really a column shifter, even though GM is calling as such. The spy pics show it sprouting from the dash to the right of the column, it's going to be interesting to see the customer reaction there :) They could do a re-design before the formal release, but I'm not seeing that right now.

Take care
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Uhh...like it or not--gear selector stays on "dash"--too much cost to move to column for one vehicle with low market demand: http://www.chrysler.com/images/vehicles ... ty-img.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;