Radio Drama

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
00FLX

Radio Drama

Post by 00FLX »

So i took my 13 PPV to the local Chevy dealer and tried to get it unlocked cause I know a tech that said he knew how to do it and this happened...
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Radio Drama

Post by elc32955 »

Hey...

Please resize your humungo-sized pic, I'd hate to have to moderate it due to excessive size. Is the dealership going to make good on returning your radio to the as-before condition?

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

Ship it to us, dealers do NOT have the right software to do this. They will end up putting in a 5 channel calibration which will eventually fry the radio yet no one seems to listen when I tell them lol the "standard model" config is a 5 channel radio file for some reason. We have fixed many of these lately...
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

GTPprix wrote:Ship it to us, dealers do NOT have the right software to do this. They will end up putting in a 5 channel calibration which will eventually fry the radio yet no one seems to listen when I tell them lol the "standard model" config is a 5 channel radio file for some reason. We have fixed many of these lately...
I pray and hope the dealer did not mess with my radio while I had recall work done(Picking it up later). I put big sign by the radio to not touch it. I was one of the first to get it programmed.
00FLX

Post by 00FLX »

GTPprix wrote:Ship it to us, dealers do NOT have the right software to do this. They will end up putting in a 5 channel calibration which will eventually fry the radio yet no one seems to listen when I tell them lol the "standard model" config is a 5 channel radio file for some reason. We have fixed many of these lately...
They claim they can't do anything to it and i should've listed to those guys at "whites auto"

Hey Chris can you email me @ flxjordan2@gmail.com
Thank you
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

You'll probably be better off going to Chris' web site and emailing him there:

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com

This work is his 'weekend job', so you may need to wait until later in the week to communicate. Can't hurt to try now, though.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?