PPV - The Perfect Dog Hauler

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
CrashTestDummy

Re: PPV - The Perfect Dog Hauler

Post by CrashTestDummy »

rongo wrote:Thanks man....if we ever totaled up the amount of money we spend on our dogs, our wives would kill us.
Nah, the wife would be adding more padding!

BOTH of our DD vehicles were purchased with the pups in mind, so we have two car notes due to dogs. :shock:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

rongo wrote:The cage was already in the car, so all-in was about $100, not including the vent fan and overheat sensor. (+$300)

Seeing that the purpose-built dog compartments from Havis and Setina are both $2000+, this came out OK.

Let me know if you go this route and i'll send you the templates for the floor and seat-back.
The upfitter parts are stupid-expensive new. I have seen a few K-9 units for sale on the Cop Cars Online site, so would suspect that they may have a few take-outs laying around, if you're so inclined. Just about all of the K-9 vehicles I've seen, though were Explorers or Tahoes. Still, it would be material to start with.

But the build that rongo has done here is awesome. I'd probably follow it, if I needed to.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
iboughtonetoo

Post by iboughtonetoo »

I can fit 2 monsters in the back even with the seat in place. But typically I keep one in the front seat and one in the back so she can lay across etc.

It was in my plans to pull seat and build a base (like above) and put the same where the backrest part was (that is really thick actually so removing gets you a lot of space) but... eh. Last trip it took me 2 weeks to vacuum out the hair. What a nightmare. That made me scrap the idea.
2015 0 days in service. Carpet, factory SL delete. purch @ 86, nov 2016 hit 13000. yeah!
http://i.imgur.com/W52rR3H.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;