Looks like the Middle East Caprice got decontented

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
gregc

Looks like the Middle East Caprice got decontented

Post by gregc »

At this website is the configurator

http://kw-en.chevroletarabia.com/cars/c ... .html#trim" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The gallery images still have the WM photos in it though, but when you configure the car, it looks like this:
The front end looks like the PPV. The exhaust tips are single tip. The SS doesn't have a spoiler, SS badging or the Impala badge on the trunk or center caps. I also see that the 2014 Impala is now available in the Middle East. I guess that's why they eliminated the Impala badges from the Caprice SS.
The Tech

Re: Looks like the Middle East Caprice got decontented

Post by The Tech »

I see in color choices the Alto-Gray is available'
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
Troutman

Re: Looks like the Middle East Caprice got decontented

Post by Troutman »

I've been trying to get a straight answer on this but the situation remains in limbo.

The latest FWD Impala has been released and is said to be replacing the Caprice. However, it is possible that the SS model may remain since there's no equivalent Impala. There have also been pics of a WN LHD Caprice SS which you would have already seen.

Everything on the Chevrolet Arabia website is of the WM model, just as the Australian website has only just been updated. The simulated pics are also seem highly inaccurate as well as outdated (previous interior etc) - the only noteworthy external change since launch, to my knowledge, has been the SS model getting the WM series II Caprice V mags. As for final word on what is actually happening, this remains to be seen.