Discontinued Parts List

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
lsxJERRY

Discontinued Parts List

Post by lsxJERRY »

I figured I'd make a post about parts discontinued for our cars. Feel free to contribute.

I will update the document linked below as parts get added.

2011-2017 Chevrolet Caprice Discontinued Parts List

*Please reply with part number and description of part*

This should benefit all members on this board and random google searchers on the web.

Huge thanks in advance for contributing!

If you guys would like more documents like this feel free to ask, idk why but I like to mkae spreadsheets and stuff.

Updates
-Updated part number column has been added, parts may or may not fit unless otherwise stated.
Last edited by lsxJERRY on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Discontinued Parts List

Post by Navy Lifer »

Considering the items you've listed, take a look here:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/chevrolet/ ... me=striker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/chevrolet/ ... iker-cover" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Updated P/N's, but it remains to be seen if the 2014-2016 SS parts are the same as G8 as far as fit/form/function.
lsxJERRY

Post by lsxJERRY »

I can make a new column in the spreadsheet to include updated part numbers. I received an email from GM Parts Direct that those parts were discontinued, I'll try and order the striker cover from the 2014 SS and see what they say. Or I may just contact the salvage parts store where I bought my rear seat and console to see if they still have the parts I need.

As you can see, the cover doesn't say discontinued HERE (at the time of posting)

But I get this a few hours after ordering:

I guess whoever orders parts and is willing to share will be the guinea pigs as to what's available and what's not.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Jerry,

I didn't know of any Caprice seats having red trim. Could be some of those are either down under parts or G8 parts?

Also... you're aware we already have a parts list going off the main site menu, correct?

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
lsxJERRY

Post by lsxJERRY »

elc32955 wrote:Jerry,

I didn't know of any Caprice seats having red trim. Could be some of those are either down under parts or G8 parts?

Also... you're aware we already have a parts list going off the main site menu, correct?

Thanks
Eric
Red seats are G8 part. (fixed on spreadsheet)

I see THIS LIST on the main site, but it doesn't include parts that are becoming discontinued.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I'm seeing that on both the Caprice, and the Tahoe, PPV. Heck, I had to look up brake parts for our '10 PPV by looking up parts for a '12 PPV, because they didn't even list police brakes for a '10 Tahoe. Sometimes, you have to play the numbers game a bit.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
lsxJERRY

Post by lsxJERRY »

CrashTestDummy wrote:I'm seeing that on both the Caprice, and the Tahoe, PPV. Heck, I had to look up brake parts for our '10 PPV by looking up parts for a '12 PPV, because they didn't even list police brakes for a '10 Tahoe. Sometimes, you have to play the numbers game a bit.
I'm going back and forth between G8 and Caprice part numbers because I'm swapping seats and console, the same part will have 2 different numbers, one would be available, and one won't... it's confusing but ultimately doable.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

CrashTestDummy wrote:I'm seeing that on both the Caprice, and the Tahoe, PPV. Heck, I had to look up brake parts for our '10 PPV by looking up parts for a '12 PPV, because they didn't even list police brakes for a '10 Tahoe. Sometimes, you have to play the numbers game a bit.
Gene, I just saw what you added to your signature....gave me a chuckle.

Do YOU have my SPID?

Did you ever get a printout of the VIN showing what's on the car?
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Bill,

Yes. There's a frequent flyer on another forum I frequent who has access to the GM databases. Heck, he's also on the Tahoe Yukon Forum, since he also has a Tahoe PPV. He ran the history of the car, and got me the list of options. I guess I should print that and throw it in the glove box, in case I ever need it when I'm at the dealership. I was able to verify the paint code, and the new parts look awesome. Now I just need time to install them!!

Jerry, yep, that's a common issue, and you take a gamble ordering parts, say for a 2014 car when yours is a 2012, but with some careful research, you can limit the risk. Sometimes, the online vendors show the replacement part, sometimes, they don't. Unfortunately, I've seen both.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Looking at that left fender liner:

I got this part number train:

92161689 Replaced by 92268803

92251459 Replaced by 92260897 replaced by 92270537 (suspect these might be the 2014 and Up, still should work tho)
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White