Discontinued Parts List

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Discontinued Parts List

Post by Navy Lifer »

For the rear seat access door striker mounting bolts, the G8 list does not provide a PN, but the SS parts list shows 11097731 (qty 2) - yet to confirm these are correct/equivalent to those used on G8.

Parts on order, will update when I have them.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I made this topic into a sticky so it stays at the top, didn't want it to get lost in the ground clutter. Carry on!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Navy Lifer wrote:For the rear seat access door striker mounting bolts, the G8 list does not provide a PN, but the SS parts list shows 11097731 (qty 2) - yet to confirm these are correct/equivalent to those used on G8.

Parts on order, will update when I have them.
Not really an answer that confirms what was used on G8, but SS striker comes with bolts, as mentioned here:
http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =20#p12857" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Black6

Post by Black6 »

It appears that the driver door pannel for 14-17 has been discontinued? Anyone shed any light on that?
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yup drivers door panel looks to be done. Still get the SS one for $900.00 ---yipes
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Black6 wrote:It appears that the driver door pannel for 14-17 has been discontinued? Anyone shed any light on that?

i looked up the door panel for the 14 ppv , and MI warehouse has plenty in stock , retail price is 675.00

part# 92286328
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Where did you get that number from? Says it's trim, wonder why they would not call it a panel.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
lsxJERRY

Post by lsxJERRY »

To anyone wanting access to the "Discontinued Parts List" Google drive file, please PM me. I'm no longer an active member on this forum but still own a Holden and will pop in every now and then to answer PM's.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

smwalker wrote:Where did you get that number from? Says it's trim, wonder why they would not call it a panel.
i work at a chevy dealer in the parts dept , and i looked up the part , no idea why they say trim , all the door panels say that , lol
Black6

Post by Black6 »

Just an FYI, some of the 14+ parts have been “discontinued” but have been replaced by other part numbers. We don’t have issues getting parts. Yet.
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.