car show fun

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
bkwagonss

car show fun

Post by bkwagonss »

I went to a car show on Sunday that was put on by a G8 and GTO group.
So there were about 10 of each there for me to check out and talk to their owners.
It was a nice show with food and a live band playing.
I took a few picture with my iPhone and I'm not real good with it seeing as my finger was in most of them.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1071148576 ... aytonShow#
I took my Camaro wheels with me in hopes of selling them there.
The silver G8 next to me (Monte on the G8 forums) had Holden wheels that CP helped him purchase.
His wheels were the exact same size as the Caddy wheels I bought (makes me happy to know they fit).
19x8.5 with a 48mm offset and 245/45-19 tires.
Plus he had the 6.0 litre badges and the engine cover I bought, headers and a cat back.
He also had Brembo brakes.
I believe he told me they were 4 piston front and back and not the 6 piston in the front that some guys are doing.
There were other guys there with Pedders suspensions and all different types of super chargers and turbos.
I also talked to a guy that had the full Solo cat-back and he said the drone was too loud for him, so he put on GXP mufflers to quiet it down.
I'm glad I want with just the axle-back.
Carlisle is coming up in less than 2 weeks and I better start getting everything finished.
2011 Caprice PPV 9C3 "karma"
2003 Silverado
1950 Chevy Fleetline
2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid (wife's car)
The Tech

Re: car show fun

Post by The Tech »

We are looking forward to seeing your car at Carlisle. The wife entered our PPV at the Chevy High Performance Nationals in Commerce and took first place in "91 and Up Big Car - Conservative." We are ready for the Carlisle show.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens