A very welcome addition to the system!!

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
elc32955
System Manager

A very welcome addition to the system!!

Post by elc32955 »

Folks,

I can now announce something that has been in the works for quite some time. A while back when the system was in infancy I promised member discounts for the users of the New Caprice system. Well, for those of you that came over to the M-body world via the B-Body, we now have none other than the legendary Dal Slabaugh with us on New Caprice!

Dal has entered into an arrangement with a chain of dealers based out of Oklahoma, Lake Country Chevrolet, to be able to offer parts to the specialty car clubs & club members at very competitive rates. Dal will be able to sell any of the US GM parts (not Holden - you can still only get those overseas... you're safe C.P.!) that can be referenced in the active parts database.

Dal has been selling GM parts for a very, very long time and is also a personal friend to many of the folks in the B-body car community, you may have met him at shows in the past. A number of folks prevailed upon Dal to drag him out of semi-retirement and now he's here with our members to help with Caprice parts needs. We are darned lucky to have his services available to us.

Dal's direct EMAIL is "dslabaugh2@tampabay.rr.com", please use that EMAIL address to contact him for the time being. Our initial discount rate is dealer cost + 15%, naturally that is subject to change with advance notice or for large orders. I'll post a voice telephone number for Dal when I have one.

There is now a new subsection entitled "GM Parts by Dal", this section is for your parts questions about Chevrolet/GM US parts that Dal can help you answer.

Again, this offering is a member benefit for being a New Caprice user. Dal, welcome!!!

Eric

***** UPDATE 6/2/2013, 2:00 PM *****

Dal's direct telephone number for phone orders & questions is (330) 414-4236. If he's not available there is voice mail, you can leave a message and he will return your call.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
leadfart

Re: A very welcome addition to the system!!

Post by leadfart »

I have literally spent thousands and thousands with Dal. He's a great guy! My well-worked LT4 heads and intake came from him brand new. Welcome Dal. :mrgreen:
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
storm9c1

Re: A very welcome addition to the system!!

Post by storm9c1 »

leadfart wrote:I have literally spent thousands and thousands with Dal. He's a great guy! My well-worked LT4 heads and intake came from him brand new. Welcome Dal. :mrgreen:
Same here. Myself and local friends have ordered TONS of B-Body parts from him. I am so happy to see him here. I hope he still doesn't mind getting some B-Body parts (if they are still available) since I have plenty of B-Bodies to maintain. I wonder if he still has the part numbers memorized from those days!?!?! I think there was a time period when he had our credit card numbers memorized too. :lol:

Dal, if you are listening, we missed you and you are most certainly welcome here!
Tom (AKA: Storm)
2011 Caprice 9C3: L77, 8K miles, first-owner, purchased July 2011.
1995 Caprice 9C1: LT1, 178K miles, summer car.
1995 Impala SS: LT1, 21K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 62K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 128K miles. Rust In Pieces
1994 Caprice 9C1: LT1, beater winter car.
1969 Chevy C30: 383ci stroker, 4L80E, rollback car hauler.
1972 Chrysler Newport: 400ci big block, survivor 27K miles, 2-door hardtop.
1969 Dodge Charger: 383ci big block.