Tune file for sale?!

Post your Caprice PPV parts & components for sale here.
Forum rules
Acceptable items for posting include OEM new/used replacement parts, aftermarket parts, salvage yard parts, maintenance/repair tools & tooling, service publications, programming equipment, and misc. items for Caprice PPV cars. This forum is moderated, posts from members with less than 5 forum posts may be removed. Any questions please contact a moderator. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
Dfreehd

Tune file for sale?!

Post by Dfreehd »

I just had my 2012 Caprice L77 dyno tuned and I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing copy's of my tune file in HP Tuners.

(should work for 2011-2013 models but minor adjustments may be necessary)

Car has GM LS9 camshaft, GM blue valve springs, Cold air intake, Cat back 2.5" exhaust, DOD delete and is tuned for 91-93 octane. Car made a safe happy 376.77 wheel hp (aprox. 450hp at crank) and 364.75 torque. Dyno sheet attached and the dyno used has just been certified accurate.
dyno.jpg
dyno.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 13643 times
What i am wanting to do is sell the file on a flash drive that i would mail to you once paid( i will email file size permitting). I have not decided on price i am simply testing the waters. If your interested please tell me what you would be willing to spend. You would need to own HP Tuners but that's a good investment if you like working on LS based cars and its come down in price. You can't just upload the tune that I'm using you would use what is called "compare mode" between your file and the tune that i send. It highlights all of the parameters that are different and allows you to go through and make the adjustments to your tune file. Essentially its like copy and paste through a bunch of excel files; tedious but easy and then you push it to your car.

It should go without saying that I cant make any promises or guarantee results in your application i am just trying to offer something cost effective to those folks just trying to do a budget DOD delete and minor upgrades to their Caprice. Its a hard pill to swallow when you spend $1200-1800 getting the DOD system out of there and then any shop wanting $500+ to dyno tune the car but if you want guarantees then that's your best bet. I am not great about following feeds so DM/PM is preferred.
kevink

Re: Tune file for sale?!

Post by kevink »

You should just give it away if anyone wants it. Every car is different, so it's basically useless. Not to crap on your for sale thread or anything...
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
Maxspeed96ct

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

is this a serious thread?

Do you need money for drugs?

you should be ashamed of yourself trying to sell that trash, and those mods are so basic anyone could tune for it.

Should give it away, and even then i still would only recommend it for a startup toon.
Groundczero

Post by Groundczero »

Tunes like this are all over the HPT repository they are already free.
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

so what are you trying to charge? :lol:
2012 Chevy Caprice- VSR80 turbo, BTR stage 2, 3.45s, camaro wheels, meth injection (racecar/ weekend car)
2007 Honda Civic SI- Sedan- intake, exhaust, Skunk2 short shifter, shift bushings (wife's daily)
2005 Chevy tahoe- Cold air intake, everything else stock! (The family car)
2000 Honda civic Hatchback- lowered, rota slip wheels. (My daily)
Dfreehd

Post by Dfreehd »

Wow ok thats harsh i didn't realize everyone on this forum were master tuners with dyno’s in their garage. I don't think my tuner would believe this is trash and i paid $500+ for my car to be tuned for 5 hrs. Yes it is a basic tune up with basic mods as 99% of people are doing. Any more extreme of a build than that and you could never safely copy a tune. I searched the hp tuners repository and there are nothing for Caprices. I didn't even name a price since I wouldn't even know what this is worth to someone but was simply testing the waters. Greed is not my motivation i have sent free parts to other forum members missing hard parts to find for their builds and have even shipped back seats across the country to members because they were friendly folks that added value to the forum. For those with negative attitudes good luck on your builds but feel free to skip over my posts. Thank you.
Dfreehd

Post by Dfreehd »

Tansman wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:23 am so what are you trying to charge? :lol:
I didn't even have a price in mind but apparently its so worthless (according to other users)i should pay you to take it LOL if your serious feel free to PM me.
Dfreehd

Post by Dfreehd »

Groundczero wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 am Tunes like this are all over the HPT repository they are already free.
I searched and found nothing other than stock tunes for caprice’s. As a novice tuner i was not comfortable mixing and matching tunes from camaro’s, g8 and other rides. So i paid a local shop to do a dyno tune the right way. If you have found good caprice tunes you should share links etc for other users. I am sure we would all benefit from that.
Dfreehd

Post by Dfreehd »

Maxspeed96ct wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:08 pm is this a serious thread?

Do you need money for drugs?

you should be ashamed of yourself trying to sell that trash, and those mods are so basic anyone could tune for it.

Should give it away, and even then i still would only recommend it for a startup toon.

Thread is serious. I am not into drugs just LSX cars, drugs would probably be cheaper lol. If i had known you were giving out free tunes i would have reached out to you and saved my self some money. What shop are you affiliated with? Im aware my mods are basic because this is my daily and many other users are doing the exact same thing. Forum is a place for us all to learn and grow from each others knowledge and experience.
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

maybe we should make a caprice tune cabinet :idea:
to help people out. I had a hard time finding anything to help me with my idle after a cam swap.
I can contribute a couple i've had done on my car!
2012 Chevy Caprice- VSR80 turbo, BTR stage 2, 3.45s, camaro wheels, meth injection (racecar/ weekend car)
2007 Honda Civic SI- Sedan- intake, exhaust, Skunk2 short shifter, shift bushings (wife's daily)
2005 Chevy tahoe- Cold air intake, everything else stock! (The family car)
2000 Honda civic Hatchback- lowered, rota slip wheels. (My daily)