Headers and x pipe cheap on eBay

This forum is for vendor specials, website coupon codes, really good sales on parts, or other such bargains. No individual listings for items on sale please!
Forum rules
Please post listings of vendor sales, deals, coupon codes, or hot bargains ONLY. No individually-owned items for sale here please. Listings by members with under 5 forum posts may be removed without warning.
Mooseman

Re: Headers and x pipe cheap on eBay

Post by Mooseman »

Also came with O2 wire extenders? Nice! That was one problem I had with mine, especially the left side. Here's a trick for the sensors. Plug them in first and drop them down to install them. Watch for the steering shaft and the A/C compressor muffler can touching a tube. I had to bend the muffler a bit out of the way and put some heat reflective insulation on it as it was still pretty close. If it came with single band clamps, they're junk. I had to replace mine with the longer band double bolt clamps.

Ugly welds or not, they will flow a whole lot better.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Bill.kurman

Post by Bill.kurman »

When you installed them did they drop in from the top or go up from the bottom I have a outdoor lift but it’s a little cold outside and would rather do it on the ground in the heated garage if possible
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Although I had a shop install them, they go in from the bottom up. You also have to disconnect the steering shaft and remove the dipstick.
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

Anyone updates on this topic? I see the price has risen to 699. Does the oil cooler need to be removed? Anyone got recommended high flow cats I can run with this setup?
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
Bill.kurman

Post by Bill.kurman »

Drivers side in just needed to knock in by the steering shaft one primary and the bang the floor in a little for the O2 sensor so far 3 hours in doing it on the ground most of witch was removal
Attachments
FF15EB6E-289A-4719-8ECD-1763F2D6B8A3.jpeg
FF15EB6E-289A-4719-8ECD-1763F2D6B8A3.jpeg (3.2 MiB) Viewed 2061 times
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

If you had to bang in the floor to clear the O2 sensor, then the bung is in the wrong position. First one I've heard with this problem.
Bill.kurman

Post by Bill.kurman »

Passenger when it ok just need some hammering for frame clearance now for the x pipe complete nightmare got everything tucked nice drop the car off the jack turn it around so I can have more room to work on adapting the axle back and than that’s when I found out that the x pipe closed the headers in some witch cause a different primary on the drives side to hit the steering shaft know I have to take it all back apart to hammer it in
Bill.kurman

Post by Bill.kurman »

All done headers back definitely a task I added bullet mufflers to mid pipe that made up for falling short since they are meant for a ss and also a adapter flange for the connection to the solo axle back there’s no drone and might be quieter in car than before but definitely louder on the outside all in all I’m happy with the purchase for anyone interested on the install in more detail your more than welcome to message me
https://youtu.be/5qVXOSPo1gE
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

So all in all, how was the fit? You mentioned issues for O2 sensor and X pipe clearance. Was the clearance issues worth it?
Bill.kurman

Post by Bill.kurman »

It definitely needed patience as for headers 3 primary’s needed hammering and the x needed two hits also it was mostly adjusting it one way would counteract what you just previously did o and you need to space the center brace down also I would say it took me a solid 10 hours about not all at once and it was like two 3 hour days and and bunch of 30 to 60 minutes when I had time and all done in my covered car port with standard height Jack and stands