2016 Caprice PPV-V// Daily Build

Tell us about your new PPV, show us some pictures, let us know how you did what you did!
Forum rules
One thread per car per member in this section. No thread hijacking in this section please, if it's strictly a tech discussion please move it to the appropriate sub-forum - moderators can assist if needed or requested.
jd23

2016 Caprice PPV-V// Daily Build

Post by jd23 »

Apologies in advance for the long post.

I am new here but I would like to get a thread started about my build and goals for my 2016 PPV. This should be a fairly straight forward build but I would appreciate your all's guidance and feedback since this is my first caprice.

The goal is a 600-650whp daily driver that is comfortable and reliable. I drive approximately 350 miles a week and want something fun and comfortable that is OEM level reliable. Think mildly modified CTS-V2 but less refined and much cheaper.

Here is the overview of mods I will be doing to accomplish my goal:
  • SS Center console with floor shifter
  • SS Steering wheel with paddles
  • SS coil springs
  • Whiteline strut bushings
  • DOD delete with Cam swap - BTR PDS Stage 2
  • Long Tube Headers
  • ZL1 Torque convertor
  • LSA Blower
  • Camaro differential 3.27 LSD
  • Brembo brakes
So far I have done some minor work and stripped the police decals and upfitter wiring from the car, reflashed the BCM to activate the auto headlights / rear window switches and connected the rear door handles. I also had to replace the headlights with some new GM pieces.

Next, I would like to tackle the SS interior parts. I have already purchased the SS center console, shifter, shift linkage and steering wheel. I still need to get some of the IPF side filler panels on order. The main thing I am concerned about is wiring on the floor shifter and paddle shifter for TUTD. Apparently only one can be active at a time but can be toggled to the single input to the BCM. That being said, who is the go to for purchasing these wiring harnesses for the TUTD (together or separately)? Or are people doing this DIY?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 2016 Caprice PPV-V// Daily Build

Post by smwalker »

I make the harnesses for the SS shifter. Info in this thread if you want to build your own:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4321#p32367
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
jd23

Post by jd23 »

Thanks Steve. I will get with you to purchase a harness.
Jester01

Post by Jester01 »

Any updates on your progress?