System updates

This forum is for administrator/moderator updates on system status, updates, enhancements, etc.
kevink

Re: SYSTEM UPDATE COMPLETED

Post by kevink »

I kind of miss the "new post" button already. I see that it's now under "quick links", but doesn't having to click on "quick links" kind of defeat the purpose of a quick link? Is there any way to get that button back? There is plenty of room for it.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

I cleared a bunch of those saved logins. I'll see how it goes.

I mostly use the unread posts but I made my own bookmark shortcut in my browser but the buttons were good.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

I don't know if it was intentional but on mobile devices/phones, it's very much usable now. I used to not come here on my phone because it didn't scale well at all but now, it's very good and readable. The only problem on the phone is that the links in the email notifications aren't clickable so I have to copy and paste them but that could be a problem with my email app.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Something I just noticed, when I click on an external link, it doesn't open in a new tab like it used to. Now it opens in the same tab.

I remember all links would open in a new tab, even those from within the forum. Personally, I think it's proper for forum links to open within the same tab however external links should open in a new tab.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I saw that as well. I have it on the list to check into...

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: System updates

Post by elc32955 »

Hi folks,

I made a change this morning to the profile field, I added a section for basic information about your Caprice. Now you can enter type, year, engine, significant mods directly into your profile field. Max 1000 characters please.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

is there a way to move the user id's back to the left side of the pages ?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Are you talking about the position of your user ID on the masthead after being logged in? Just want to make sure I'm getting which user ID right.

Thanks
Eric
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Forget my last question. I did some quick research, and the positioning is built into the "style" that the forum is written under. There's a lot of different styles for PHPbb 3.2 systems out there, I selected this one as it's optimized for mobiles, it's clean, simple and efficient.

Almost anything is possible to move, change, delete, et al with PHPbb. Getting it done is not that simple. I'm sure our developer could probably do it - if he was paid to do the change. However, this potentially upsets the optimization of the style for mobiles and may cause other unintended effects. Changing the position would require manual coding and modification of the style itself, its not something I can take 30 seconds to do by clicking a check-box and making a change at the admin level.

There's things I'd rather spend money on with the system other then this modification. Unless there's a bunch of user interest in it, for the current time I'm going to leave it the way it is. I'll put it on the list for a look if we get into a situation where we have to modify the style for any reason(s) down the road.

Thanks
Eric
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

what i circled used to be on the left , and not sure why i just noticed it was moved to the right , i know some sites , you could switch it from one side to the other , but i couldnt find it here
Attachments
USER ID'S.jpg
USER ID'S.jpg (502.44 KiB) Viewed 15746 times