My PPV Video Introduction

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
Hullinger

My PPV Video Introduction

Post by Hullinger »

I like to make videos of my cars and since I recently picked up a PPV, it’s only fitting that I made a video of the car and my impressions of it. So check it out, and I hope I got my Caprice facts right.

https://youtu.be/bIQmJneLmvc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: My PPV Video Introduction

Post by Navy Lifer »

good video....not to rain on your parade, but PPV doesn't include the word pursuit. It's Police Patrol Vehicle.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Nice video. Is that a Greenbrier van in the garage? :)
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Hullinger

Post by Hullinger »

CrashTestDummy wrote:Nice video. Is that a Greenbrier van in the garage? :)
Yea, that's my Greenbrier. Good eye and nice catch there. I've got some video on that van too. Had her for about 8 years now. She spent most of her life in Arizona and she's my kiddo's favorite oldie I've got!
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Cool vid. Nice car too.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
HoldenPPV

Post by HoldenPPV »

Hey loved your video. I own a ‘12 9C1. Other than the small error in what PPV stands for (not your fault, the internet is FULL of your designation and frankly, I like yours better).

I about freaked out when I saw you put a green hose in your car while fueling up. Here in Washington State where I live, that is a diesel fuel only nozzle. Must be different out your way!

And yes, I am also still looking for that auxilliary battery too! Someone posted (here on newcaprice.com I think) that it was actually an option and if you have it, it’s opposite of the primary one and will be on the passenger side of the trunk. But I have not verified that.
2012 9C1 (L77)

2008 Suzuki B-King - 2nd gen 1340cc Hayabusa engine - Scorpion exhaust
* (Bequeathed to me by Chris Hibbard 11/11/1958-01/08/2011 — The HibbsCycle) *

#ABG (Always Be Gamblin’) http://www.Gambler500.com" an impractical vehicle-off road-navigational challenge...
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

The auxiliary battery is option code K4S for the 2011's and I would assume that it would be the same option on the 2011-2013's. The battery is on the passenger side in the trunk. I don't know why they didn't make an access panel to check the battery. I removed the battery on my cars as I feel they don't serve much purpose in everyday driving. I am not crazy about the extra weight and the battery acid in the trunk.

David
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Sanford wrote:The auxiliary battery is option code K4S for the 2011's and I would assume that it would be the same option on the 2011-2013's. The battery is on the passenger side in the trunk. I don't know why they didn't make an access panel to check the battery. I removed the battery on my cars as I feel they don't serve much purpose in everyday driving. I am not crazy about the extra weight and the battery acid in the trunk.

David
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1768&p=14991#p14991

8-)
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
HoldenPPV

Post by HoldenPPV »

After watching your video I went out to my car to locate this mysterious auxillary battery. First I looked in the owner manual which only gives a nod as to it’s features and that it is an “option” and that it is located on the passenger side of the trunk.

But when you look in your trunk, there is no access panel like for the main battery. But there are some promising looking molded bulges there on the liner. So I started by pulling out a plastic push pin on the upper liner there and I just peeled back the liner... and voila!

No battery there in mine, but all the wiring and relays, battery tray and missing only the negative battery cable and tie down strap. Postive cable and massive plugged in module there is held upright by a plastic tower... just waiting for a battery.

I have a ham radio license and I will be upfitting this option to my car. I won’t be going to the drag strip more than once or twice so I don’t mind the additional weight...
2012 9C1 (L77)

2008 Suzuki B-King - 2nd gen 1340cc Hayabusa engine - Scorpion exhaust
* (Bequeathed to me by Chris Hibbard 11/11/1958-01/08/2011 — The HibbsCycle) *

#ABG (Always Be Gamblin’) http://www.Gambler500.com" an impractical vehicle-off road-navigational challenge...
kevink

Post by kevink »

The auxiliary battery doesn't serve any purpose unless you need to use battery power with the engine off. The tray and relays weigh 9.6 lbs and the battery weighs 40.4 lbs for a grand total of 50 lbs. If you don't actually need it, it's not worth having along for the ride.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.