2013 PPV on auction

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
bsparks72

Re: 2013 PPV on auction

Post by bsparks72 »

I mentioned the idle hours because there are some agencies that will change the oil at xxx miles, which would usually be a reasonable number if it weren't for a bunch of idle hours that the cars get. Sometimes they don't check the oil often enough between changes either. If you have an engine that is a an oil consumer (which these certainly can be), they get run low on oil and bam, you've got a rod knock. I'd say that or an overheat (for whatever reason) are the 2 most common ways a lower-mile police car engine dies an early death.
-Brandon
2012 9C1 L77 - 228/234, .604/.609 112 cam, JBA shorty headers, Solo high-flow cats, X-pipe, Cherry Bomb single-chamber mufflers (Frankenstein exhaust), Roto-Fab CAI, CTS-V torque converter, 3.45 Camaro diff, G8 red/black seats/steering wheel
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Heh, yep. The idle hours on our '12 is ~50% of the total.

With AFM, the lifters can fail, too, which can do these things in. Our car got a cam replacement at about 50K miles.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
bsparks72

Post by bsparks72 »

I was going to mention that, too...but if a lifter collapses, it will still run...just not very well. I was thinking more catastrophic. But yes, sometime in the future I plan to cam mine, if only because I'll have it most of the way apart anyway to pull out those lifters and throw them in the garbage.
-Brandon
2012 9C1 L77 - 228/234, .604/.609 112 cam, JBA shorty headers, Solo high-flow cats, X-pipe, Cherry Bomb single-chamber mufflers (Frankenstein exhaust), Roto-Fab CAI, CTS-V torque converter, 3.45 Camaro diff, G8 red/black seats/steering wheel
IDLife Caprice

Post by IDLife Caprice »

Just picked it up and drove it onto the trailer!!!
Attachments
20150515_142927a.jpg
20150515_142927a.jpg (930.89 KiB) Viewed 10610 times
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Cool, so it's not completely dead. That's good news.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
IDLife Caprice

Post by IDLife Caprice »

Here is the link to my Facebook page where the updates on this car will be.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 226&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IDLife Caprice

Post by IDLife Caprice »

This is the exact engine sound my car makes when I start it up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXKeqVWdcxY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am also getting the Low Oil Pressure Stop Engine message.

So I am wondering if I should try the Motor Flush or pull the heads and just replace the lifters so I can drive it now.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Time to pull the top end off and get some upgraded parts on there? sounds like the lifter collapse, I would have the cam out and maybe pull oil pan in car if it was me... or just redo entire motor if you are up for that... might be lucky and its just in need of the lifters/cam which means you can do all kinda nonsense at same time like headers etc....
IDLife Caprice

Post by IDLife Caprice »

xcidmigs wrote:Time to pull the top end off and get some upgraded parts on there? sounds like the lifter collapse, I would have the cam out and maybe pull oil pan in car if it was me... or just redo entire motor if you are up for that... might be lucky and its just in need of the lifters/cam which means you can do all kinda nonsense at same time like headers etc....

I will most likely pull the top end and remove the DOD/AFM since I would never drive slow enough to use it. I have the entire week to mess with this and thinking if I can just get it running now, I can save the money and pull the motor for a proper build when I go turbo.

I thought about the KOOKs but for the cost that is a fourth of the investment for the AFS Twin Turbo system.

Here is the link to my YouTube video of the engine running.

https://youtu.be/Ierz8kaG8CM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;