2011 9C1 Silver, 27,500 Miles, Stock, Dallas, Texas area

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
toyguy5538

Re: 2011 9C1 Silver, 27,500 Miles, Stock, Dallas, Texas area

Post by toyguy5538 »

I have had at least three people very interested who couldn't get financing, but I don't know their individual credit status. Maybe that was it, and not the car. I'm just trying to figure it out. I had one turned down by the bank board last week.

My Texas title shows the previous owner to be the Chevrolet dealer I purchased it from. The original title lists General Motors as the owner.

It now has 33K miles on it and I'm advertising it for $17,500 on Craigs List, so I think I'm in the ball park price wise, and it's negotiable. And I see it's listed in the NADA book now - it wasn't before. It lists for $17,775, so I guess I'm right on retail price.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Don't get discouraged. For every 5 people that apply for loans, probably 3 or 4 get turned down due to a variety of reasons. It'll sell :)
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
bsparks72

Post by bsparks72 »

My 2012 was good bit cheaper because of the miles. I bought it in January 2015. I'm a member of 2 credit unions. I called the one I use more frequently, and they wouldn't finance it because it was previous police/fleet. So instead, I got an unsecured loan and bought the car. A few months after (while getting tired of looking at the higher interest rate of a signature loan), I figured I'd find someone to refinance with. I started with my other credit union, not having a lot of hope in them, really. They said no problem, and refinanced it.
-Brandon
2012 9C1 L77 - 228/234, .604/.609 112 cam, JBA shorty headers, Solo high-flow cats, X-pipe, Cherry Bomb single-chamber mufflers (Frankenstein exhaust), Roto-Fab CAI, CTS-V torque converter, 3.45 Camaro diff, G8 red/black seats/steering wheel
toyguy5538

Post by toyguy5538 »

My 2011 Caprice finally sold. I was beginning to lose faith in all of the "tire kickers" out there who bought it but couldn't get financing. I casually mentioned it to an associate of mine one day, he said he was interested, went to Bank of America, got it financed, and bought it. No problem, no drama. During the last three weeks of that transaction, two others came forward and committed to buying it if he didn't. Both said they had the money already secured, either cash or financed. Go figure. Anyway, the car is sold, cash is in the bank, and I'm enjoying my 2014 Caprice immensely. Thanks for all of the advice and responses to this post.
x3speed

Post by x3speed »

Was the 2014 used, or are you able to buy the new one because of your line of work?
toyguy5538

Post by toyguy5538 »

My 2014 was used with 6K miles on it. It apparently was a GM captured test fleet unit that was sold to my local Chevy dealer through the GM Dealer-Only auction. Now have 39K on it and loving it. The stock Goodyear tires are starting to get noisy, though.