Searching for a low miles Caprice PPV 9C3 on the East Coast

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
cal30_sniper

Searching for a low miles Caprice PPV 9C3 on the East Coast

Post by cal30_sniper »

Howdy all,

I've been looking at these cars for quite a while, and I've decided that I want either one of these, or a G8 as my new daily driver. I'm really looking for a car that's low miles (less than 50-60k miles), and has never served as a police unit. I would prefer a 2011-13 9C3, but would also entertain a 14-16 car that hasn't been hacked up for police work. Of course, I'd also be delighted to find a low miles G8 GT if someone has a line on one of those in great shape.

I'm currently preparing for hurricane evac, but I should be finishing up a final closing on a new house when I get back (assuming we come through without it getting blown away). Once that's out of the way, I'll be ready to purchase with cash in hand. Probably sometime early next month, but I know how rare these cars are and wanted to start the serious searching early.

Any and all help is appreciated!

EDIT: Just noticed I put this in the for sale instead of the wanted. Hopefully a moderator can get it over to the right place for me.
-2011 Caprice 9C3: Mirage Glow Metallic, 63k miles
-2011 Caprice 9C1 (Gone)
-1973 Firebird Formula, restoration in progress
-1986 K30 Suburban 8.1L/NV4500, the toy hauler and wheeler
No Moa

Re: Searching for a low miles Caprice PPV 9C3 on the East Co

Post by No Moa »

Where on the east coast are you? I'm guessing for Mathew evac you in FLA or GA?

This is the place i'd check out if I was in the south east coast.

http://www.copcarsonline.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1996 Impala ss (soon to be t56)
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.
cal30_sniper

Post by cal30_sniper »

Thanks for the link, I looked at that place before when I was prowling around the forums. I haven't been able to find any 9C3s on there though. I'd rather not do a prior service car, unless I could find one that was low miles and really well taken care of, like a constables car or something.

I just checked into Cherry Point, NC about a month ago. They originally said Matthew was going to come further this way, but it looks like now it's going to veer out to sea before travelling this far north. Either way, I'm not fully moved in yet, and I'm not chancing my enclosed trailer full of halfway re-assembled '73 Firebird to the whims of the weather forecasters. I'll head west for the weekend and come back Monday when the coast is fully clear.
-2011 Caprice 9C1 (Gone)
No Moa

Post by No Moa »

Yea not a lot of 9c3s around.

73 firebird, sweet. I have a 77 TA in the middle of restoration.
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.
cal30_sniper

Post by cal30_sniper »

I've seen a few 9C3s for sale over the last few months. I just need to find the right one, at the right price, in the right place.

I've been working on the '73 for about a year and a half now. It was a numbers matching Formula 350, Buccaneer Red, with a little over 60k original miles. Had been sitting in a lot in southern CA for a number of years, and then made it to some guys barn in East Texas for a decade or two. Very little rust, but I'm giving it a complete, down to bare metal restoration, with a forged/aluminum head 400 and a Doug Nash 5 speed, along with a bunch of braking and suspension upgrades. It's really started to shape up over the last few months, but the move to NC has put the brakes on progress until I get everything moved into the new garage.

-2011 Caprice 9C1 (Gone)
No Moa

Post by No Moa »

That is sharp!
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

cal30_sniper wrote:Thanks for the link, I looked at that place before when I was prowling around the forums. I haven't been able to find any 9C3s on there though. I'd rather not do a prior service car, unless I could find one that was low miles and really well taken care of, like a constables car or something.

I just checked into Cherry Point, NC about a month ago. They originally said Matthew was going to come further this way, but it looks like now it's going to veer out to sea before travelling this far north. Either way, I'm not fully moved in yet, and I'm not chancing my enclosed trailer full of halfway re-assembled '73 Firebird to the whims of the weather forecasters. I'll head west for the weekend and come back Monday when the coast is fully clear.
We've purchased two vehicles from cop cars online, and so far, both have been awesome vehicles. The first was a '10 Tahoe with 89K miles on it. It appears to have been a supervisor's car in the Tampa Bay area. The back seats looked pristine.

The second car was our '12 Caprice with 85K miles on it. It was from Wisconsin, and had more chips and dents than the Tahoe, but has still been a great ride. But yeah, they don't seem to get many (any?) 9C3s in.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

cal30_sniper wrote:I've seen a few 9C3s for sale over the last few months. I just need to find the right one, at the right price, in the right place.

I've been working on the '73 for about a year and a half now. It was a numbers matching Formula 350, Buccaneer Red, with a little over 60k original miles. Had been sitting in a lot in southern CA for a number of years, and then made it to some guys barn in East Texas for a decade or two. Very little rust, but I'm giving it a complete, down to bare metal restoration, with a forged/aluminum head 400 and a Doug Nash 5 speed, along with a bunch of braking and suspension upgrades. It's really started to shape up over the last few months, but the move to NC has put the brakes on progress until I get everything moved into the new garage.

Awesome project!! My college daily-driver was a 72 Trans Am 455HO/4sp. It became a show car, and I eventually sold it for a down payment on my first home. While I had it, I bought a 71 Trans Am 455HO/TH400 that was literally a basket case (it was a roller with many parts in several boxes). I turned it into my 'toy', building up the engine, reworking the front and rear suspension, installing a 79 TA rear disc diff, fiberglass nose, etc. With that 3.08 diff in it, it went 11.55 at 111 MPH, and was run in several AggieCross solo I autocross events at Texas World Speedway.

My sister had a 1977 T/A 6.6 black SE. After the crankshaft broke sitting at a traffic light, I built a mild 455, dropped the T/A 6.6 heads on it, and enjoyed driving that car before selling the car to a friend.

The only Buccaneer Red T/A I ever sat in was a friend's 73 455SD car.

I love 2nd Gen F-bodys!! :mrgreen:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
toyguy5538

Post by toyguy5538 »

My 2014 (see ad in for sale) is close to a 9C3 except for the carpet and console. There are people on this forum that have installed the carpet and console in other 9C1s. I've had a 2011 9C1 and the 14 up interior is closer to the SS than the older ones. Would be a nice car to upgrade. Only 63K miles and GM and privately owned - never in police service. Check it out.
cal30_sniper

Post by cal30_sniper »

toyguy5538 wrote:My 2014 (see ad in for sale) is close to a 9C3 except for the carpet and console. There are people on this forum that have installed the carpet and console in other 9C1s. I've had a 2011 9C1 and the 14 up interior is closer to the SS than the older ones. Would be a nice car to upgrade. Only 63K miles and GM and privately owned - never in police service. Check it out.
Yep, I actually found your car during one of my extensive craigslist searches I do like it, but I'm not sure I want to bite off on the whole rubber floor mats and weird console thing. To be honest, I actually prefer the dash layout of the 11-13 cars a good deal more. Either way, Texas is a long way to go for a car.
-2011 Caprice 9C1 (Gone)