This seems cheap?

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
love2race

This seems cheap?

Post by love2race »

Des Moines Iowa craigslist shows a 2011 Caprice Detective car with only 38000 miles and its silver! They are asking $17900 and looks like it might have wheels on it from a Camaro? Its about 500 miles from me so it would be a haul to check it out. Just curious what you guys think? Thanks!
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: This seems cheap?

Post by Navy Lifer »

38K...worth checking out, for sure, especially as a detective (9C3) car. All 2011's were 6.0 V8 (L77) cars.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Get the VIN and check it at http://www.Salvagedb.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bit suspicions from the name of the company selling it: TOTAL Auto and Truck.

Meaning they buy totals and rebuild them, maybe.

But looked at their facebook page, they look like good ol boys just into big trucks.
https://www.facebook.com/Total-Truck-164399210318137/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Price is fair with room for a bit of negotiation depending how a third part inspection went.

Good Luck!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
PPV4ME

Post by PPV4ME »

I live in Des Moines, I can tell you guys they're a fairly decent dealer. The "Total" in their name just means they have everything you could want for your truck as in "Total" coverage. I have seen the Craigslist ad since the day they posted it. It looks like a decent deal but you never know what could be hiding. If anyone is seriously interested I would volunteer to go check it out and take more pictures/inspect/test drive. I need to refrain from buying myself since I'm still making payments on my 9C1, but if I know it's not for me I can probably control myself.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I see the repeater has a police light on it. if you look at it give a little attention to the wiring and see how much they left in or yanked out.

And of course we know to know look at the seat belt anchors to see if they have been deployed.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
No Moa

Post by No Moa »

I'm actually bidding on that on eBay. How close are you PPV4ME? I sent you a PM
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1996 Impala ss (soon to be t56)
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.
casalu

Post by casalu »

Who bought this car and will they sell it to me? I'll sell my black 9C3 if I can get this one. Missed the ebay auction
2011 9C1 - well used by Georgia PD with 125K miles and growing
Camaro 3.27 LSD
Kooks 1-7/8 stainless long tube headers
Magnaflow 3" exhaust system (no cats, sounds great)
160HP dry nitrous shot
VCM OTR CAI
AFM delete and dyno tuned by http://www.V8Muscle.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chevy SS springs
Drag raced as often as possible

2015 9C1 - never in service. Purchased January 2017 with 700 miles
Chevy SS springs

2011 9C3 - never in service, purchased used in CA April 2016. Sold 3/4/17 with 111K miles.