SOLD - 2011 9C3 for sale - GM fleet demo car!

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
elc32955
System Manager

SOLD - 2011 9C3 for sale - GM fleet demo car!

Post by elc32955 »

Hey everyone!

Well, after some considerable soul searching & debate I've made the decision to list my 2011 9C3 up for sale. My wife likes the 2014 & up interiors better then the 2011, so I'll probably be upgrading cars in the near future. But anyway, here's what I have for your consideration today;

My car is a 2011 9C3 6.0, this car was a GM fleet demonstrator and never in police service. I purchased it from Southtowne Motors just outside Atlanta in September, 2012. The car currently has 77K miles showing - it just dropped out of GM powertrain warranty. I've mildly modded the car with the following improvements....

Rotofab CAI and front radiator cover
3.45 LSD from 2010 Camaro SS
Chris Henry performance street tune
G8 GT 18" Enkei rims w/Holden lion center caps, running stock Eagle RS-A tires
SLP Powerflo G8 axle-back muffler set with tips
Holden WM Caprice factory lip spoiler
Holden SSV leather steering wheel and leather shift knob, both imported from down under (also note the English legends on the steering wheel controls - NOT pictograms!)
Whelen Alpha-12Q airhorn amplifier & 100W under-hood speaker
G8 GT rear seat swap
AVS Ventshades

With the Chris Henry tune installed, the car will chirp the 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4 shifts in sport/performance mode. It brings a nice, firm shift along with zero throttle delay (virtually instant response). This car has never been tracked nor dyno'd, so I don't have timeslips or a dyno screen shot to quantify the performance gains. I encourage you to check out CHenry Motorsports for more info on what his tune brings to the table. The tune is tied to my HP Tuners interface (not Chris's), the buyer of the car can work out details with me on whether the tune is to be in or out at time of transfer. I have the stock calibration as well, I'll give you both either on floppy or USB key. Chris has indicated to me he's made some updates on his tune since he saw my car last, I'm trying to work out a date with him to bring my car over to the Tampa area for updating - his tunes are lifetime free updates for the original purchaser as long as you don't mod the car configuration significantly.

Interior-wise the car is in extremely good condition, there's a 3-port cigarette lighter outlet set with switch installed on the right side console that will remain with the car, also a two USB plug-in charger in the center console inside cigarette lighter that will stay with the car. The G8 rear seat brings a nice drop-down desk, cupholders and a pass-through to the trunk area for carrying longer items. Air horn button and rear flasher switch on the center console adjacent to the shifter. Front flashers are not hooked up, the rear flasher is wired and a switch is installed but they're currently non-op (don't really have a need for them). The air horn does come in handy from time to time though (GRIN!).

Exterior is also in very good shape, the headlights will eventually need to be compounded to restore the crystal-clear look, but they're not bad at all as-is. The inside trunk lid has the flashing light option, the LED lights installed are two amber with different flash patterns (makes them legal for roadside & car show use). Trunk has the factory plastic add-on mat. The 100 watt Whelen air horn amplifier is on the right side near the police power center. This is a two-battery car. The AVS ventshades are a nice addition to the look and come in handy to vent the interior on hot days. Both rear wing window trims are intact. I'd recommend down the road a clay bar & buff to keep the paint nice, I keep the car washed & waxed but this is Florida and I unfortunately don't have a garage. No body corrosion, rust, etc etc... on this car. Yes it's white, but for life in Florida this was the best color option to reflect heat. This car never had a spotlight installed so the pillar is completely intact.

Engine is in excellent shape, the Rotofab setup sounds wonderful under WOT, the Rotofab filler plate helps give the engine compartment a good look. All normal maintenance has been done on schedule, Dexos-compliant oil changes on routine basis. No mechanical/powertrain problems with this car that I'm aware of, AFM is still enabled & operates fine. I ran it through the local dealership before it dropped out of powertrain warranty, the only thing they recommended was a de-carbon & injector clean service which I promptly did - rote recommendation for AFM cars methinks. The exhaust has a nice moderate sound under idle and normal operation, WOT has a nice throaty sound to it with hardly any drone or resonance from the SLP exhaust as currently set. Front brakes were recently done and I'm currently running ceramic pads to keep the brake dust down, rears are the stock PPV brakes and are in good shape. I just changed the cabin filter change last month. Tires have plenty of meat on them all the way around, the trunk spare is a used RS-A with OK tread on the last police steel wheel. All TPMS sensors read and are in good shape, all sensors are now aftermarket units since the OEM's ran dead and I was told they were non-rebuildable.

Price on this car is $15,900. I'm posting some pics that I took of the car last month, if anyone wants additional I'll be glad to take them. As always I'll be glad to answer any questions. The VIN is in the last pic file if you wish to run Carfax or Autocheck on the car. Naturally I have all of my maintenance records since I've purchased the car. SO.... for a nice 9C3 that was never in police service, this is a car that I'd recommend you consider. I'll be glad to work with the buyer on shipping options for an out of state purchase, my STRONG recommendation would be to see me for a test drive before purchase. Also... NavyLifer has driven this car, you can contact him independently for his assessment of it if so desired. This car was bought & paid for in full from day 1. I have a clear Florida title in-hand - no liens or title holds.

Also I'm giving forum members first crack on this car before I take the listing public to the world, so it'll be here for a week or two before I take it to Craigslist, AutoTrader, etc etc... I'd rather see someone here get a nice, clean, decent ride that's come to us looking.

Pics to immediately follow this post....

Thanks
Eric
0516caprice1.jpg
0516caprice1.jpg (139.91 KiB) Viewed 17743 times
0516caprice2.jpg
0516caprice2.jpg (152.7 KiB) Viewed 17743 times
0516caprice3.jpg
0516caprice3.jpg (151.67 KiB) Viewed 17743 times
0516caprice4.jpg
0516caprice4.jpg (137.04 KiB) Viewed 17743 times
0516caprice5.jpg
0516caprice5.jpg (134.69 KiB) Viewed 17743 times
0516caprice6.jpg
0516caprice6.jpg (83.37 KiB) Viewed 17743 times
0516caprice7.jpg
0516caprice7.jpg (111.27 KiB) Viewed 17743 times
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: 2011 9C3 for sale - GM fleet demo car - SOLD!

Post by elc32955 »

More pictures....

Eric
0516caprice9.jpg
0516caprice9.jpg (63.88 KiB) Viewed 17742 times
0516caprice10.jpg
0516caprice10.jpg (64.33 KiB) Viewed 17742 times
0516caprice11.jpg
0516caprice11.jpg (120.98 KiB) Viewed 17742 times
0516caprice12.jpg
0516caprice12.jpg (129.46 KiB) Viewed 17742 times
0516caprice13.jpg
0516caprice13.jpg (80.39 KiB) Viewed 17742 times
0516caprice14.jpg
0516caprice14.jpg (133.67 KiB) Viewed 17742 times
Caprice 001a.jpg
Caprice 001a.jpg (211.08 KiB) Viewed 17742 times
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 2011 9C3 for sale - GM fleet demo car!

Post by smwalker »

Did you get the radio upgraded with Chris?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Sorry for the slowness of the response but we've been a bit busy today here in Central Florida - my Internet through the cable provider has been up & down all day. Anyway, no I have not as of yet upgraded the silver box, my dash is still virgin. I was actually waiting until I had my HSV gauge pod project done as I will need to disassemble it all for fitment checks, but it still needs to be done.

Thanks
Eric
4949jc

Post by 4949jc »

Do you happen to know if any of the upgrades would cause a California smog test to fail? Nice car!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

4949jc wrote:Do you happen to know if any of the upgrades would cause a California smog test to fail? Nice car!
THe Roto Fab would have to come off and the factory airbox put back on. Not sure any one makes a BAR compliant cold air intake for the Caprice/G8

The mufflers are fine since they are after the Catalytic converters.

THe Tune, just don't mention it to the inspector, what cannot be seen is OK.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Arizona9C3

Post by Arizona9C3 »

Very sharp-looking car! What kind of tips are those on the exhaust? Nicely integrated look, very much like on late model Charger and many other cars.
2011 Silver 9C3
2011 Black 9C3 Procharged, custom exhaust, 571 rwhp
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Thanks! That exhaust setup is by SLP, it's their Powerflo model for the G8. The pipes had to be extended slightly to clear the bumper due to the wheelbase difference. And, yep it is really close in appearance to what I've seen on some Chargers, etc...
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

So if you make the sale, does that mean you are leaving us as the forum Dad?!! :cry:

What will we do? :shock:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Not at all. Actually the wife wants me to get a 2014 or newer... So once the 2011 is rehomed, I'm fixing to enter the land of electric assist steering methinks. And start the mods over again.