2012 9C1 in South Carolina

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
kevink

2012 9C1 in South Carolina

Post by kevink »

This is not my car, but it looks like it might be in decent shape. 15K miles.

https://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/5580950335.html
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 2012 9C1 in South Carolina

Post by smwalker »

That engine bay does not say 15K. Looks ragged.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Yeah, what the seller probably means is that he/she's only driven the car 15K miles while under their ownership. IMHO that's probably at least a 100K car easy, look at the condition of the driver's seat in addition to the engine bay. A lot of wear on the left side driver's seat cushion means many tushies in & out.

There'd have to be some concessions for that car on the asking price methinks. But, without first hand inspection, buyer beware. I'd ask for odometer pics. If it says 15K.... mmmmmhmmmmm.... wonder if a Tech2 can pull a backup odometer reading out of the BCM?
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
kevink

Post by kevink »

I thought the same thing about the engine bay, but if someone wants it, it's worth looking into.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Anyone have a carfax or autocheck that can run the VIN? I have it. Owner says there was an accident.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Be advised he'll be a treat to deal with:

He said "You need anything else?
It was in 1 accident and they said the airbag in the seat deployed but wasn't alot of damage. The bumper cover, fender and headlamp was replaced along with a new seat with airbag in it. All systems are good. The only thing is the tire light stays on. The spare is missing and I think that might be why. It was a police car and all the equipment was removed. Its not completely perfect but it looks and runs great and it only has 15k miles on it or closer to 16k now.
Let me know if you want to meet to see it.
Thanks"

I said "I'll have to research the light (in the dash). I'm not looking to pick up a used car with issues."

His reply: "You do that. Its a tire light. Do some deep research on tire pressure sensors. Don't worry about this one. I'll sell it to someone else. Thanks for wasting my time. I wanted serious people to contact me, not morons."
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

eagle-co94 wrote:Be advised he'll be a treat to deal with:

He said "You need anything else?
It was in 1 accident and they said the airbag in the seat deployed but wasn't alot of damage. The bumper cover, fender and headlamp was replaced along with a new seat with airbag in it. All systems are good. The only thing is the tire light stays on. The spare is missing and I think that might be why. It was a police car and all the equipment was removed. Its not completely perfect but it looks and runs great and it only has 15k miles on it or closer to 16k now.
Let me know if you want to meet to see it.
Thanks"

I said "I'll have to research the light (in the dash). I'm not looking to pick up a used car with issues."

His reply: "You do that. Its a tire light. Do some deep research on tire pressure sensors. Don't worry about this one. I'll sell it to someone else. Thanks for wasting my time. I wanted serious people to contact me, not morons."
He really wants to sell that car , I can tell from his reply he means business ! Light is on because the spare is missing lol .