2011 9C1 for sale in Florida

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
CrashTestDummy

2011 9C1 for sale in Florida

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Probably NOT a Florida car, though. Low miles at ~64K. Looks good. It seems to have only two antenna holes, one each in the deck lid and roof, and no push bar holes in the front bumper cover. There do appear to be some tears on the back of the front seats. Not sure what that was all about. The center rear seat buckles may be missing, or just disappeared behind the rear seat bottom. At least the center shoulder harness is present, so I'd expect the buckles to be present, too.

http://www.copcarsonline.com/2011_Chevr ... 849732.veh

Probably near the high side of the price range at $16,900, but looks to be worth it. These are the guys we got our most-recent two ex-police vehicles from. I have no other connection other than being a satisfied customer.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
xcidmigs

Re: 2011 9C1 for sale in Florida

Post by xcidmigs »

These guys have been around for a long time and they buy car all over the place to resell, that said I would be worried since they are listing that as "detective special" and its clearly a 9c1 even in the description and notice no interior shots, which they have done before, they had a white one they did the same with.... Not sure its worth it for that. If it was a real 9c3 then sure... BUT ITS NOT
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Wow, I saw about 15 interior shots, which is why I mentioned the tear in the seat backs and the lack of center seat belt buckles. The black car and the white one are 9C1's, as one can clearly see by the interior pics posted. They do lack the light bar harness plug, though, which indicates they at least didn't have light bars. The white car does show evidence of being pulled out of a ditch, or drug onto a tow bed by a hook, as evidenced by the pull marks on the front passenger frame, but looks ok otherwise. The dome lights work on the white car, indicating it may have been a supervisor's car.

Ask the pertinent questions. I asked where the Tahoe we got was from, and was told Sarasota county, FL, which I do believe was accurate. It's been a great DD for my wife fo the last two years. Can't wait to do the 2/3 drop and sway bar mods on it.

Our '12 Caprice was probably a Wisconsin highway patrol car, as I've seen the GM repair voices from rural Wisconsin. I probably would have thought twice about the purchase based on the snow belt existence, but it, too has been a great car, so far. We celebrated a year in our garage last month. The mods just keep coming. :mrgreen:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

This looks like a real nice car. Sure they list it as a detective model, to draw in those looking for a 9C3. I still get ebay alerts for when a new caprice hits the site and they end up being the SS. Again, sales tactics, not ignorance.

I'll send a PM to the new guy that almost bought that questionable car in NY.
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

It's gone off their site as of today, so someone is probably a new owner....
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.