2011 9C3 CIVILIAN owner since new.

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
arizona

2011 9C3 CIVILIAN owner since new.

Post by arizona »

My mom is considering selling her 9c3 we bought her in 2013. Silver metallic and only 3500 miles on it. Kind of gauging interest or even what she might be able to get for it. Since she is getting older, she needs something smaller and with as many rear visual aids as she can get, lol. I have tons of photos on my phone but no why to host them to post. So let me know what it's worth.
BadgedBowtie

Re: 2011 9C3 CIVILIAN owner since new.

Post by BadgedBowtie »

arizona wrote:My mom is considering selling her 9c3 we bought her in 2013. Silver metallic and only 3500 miles on it. Kind of gauging interest or even what she might be able to get for it. Since she is getting older, she needs something smaller and with as many rear visual aids as she can get, lol. I have tons of photos on my phone but no why to host them to post. So let me know what it's worth.
That's a great start with that kind of mileage. But you haven't provided enough detailed information for me to really give you a "quote".. I.E. Engine size (6 cyl. or 8cyl) etc.. Also providing pictures (both interior and exterior)when seeking feedback from a source such as this website is always a good thing to do. If for nothing else than to facilitate answering your question thoroughly.

A great place to look for value is by doing google searches with the following tag words:

2011 Chevrolet PPV or 2011 Chevrolet PPV Caprice for sale or just Caprice PPV or Chevrolet PPV for sale...

Afterwards a list of options will of course be displayed and from there you can choose the different links and can go from there. You wont find the Caprice PPV on NADA for instance to do a price point comparison (I have tried). Moreover when I check a site that I frequent regarding these cars I found :

https://www.carsforsale.com/2011-chevro ... le-C166701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the following link for 2011 Caprice PPVs. The grey one currently displayed in the link is mine.

A carfax site check revealed this beauty:

http://www.carfax.com/vehicles/6G1MK5U3 ... ice--acton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its a 2013 but has lower mileage and is a 9C3. (but a 6 banger)

Some thorough investigation is warranted here at a minimum. If it were me, I would do the proper 'homework' and provide the appropriate pricing accordingly. If it is actually a 9C3 they tend to bring a bit more money because of some interior amenities (and no spotlight) than do their 9C1 brethren. But in the end of course its how much cash someone is willing to part with for the car that obviously matters.

Afterwards, with good pictures of the vehicle posted here (with a list of all modifications... if any) you might get your answer or at least a good quote.

Best of luck to you in your efforts.

Badged Bowtie
Last edited by BadgedBowtie on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEGATUM VICECOMITEM
arizona

Post by arizona »

Woops, sorry, 6.0, would never buy the v6. Other options are dual batteries, full size spare, rear curtain airbags, and a few others. Still have the window sticker etc. Car is mint and new. Will post pics when I can, but it IS a 9c3 with the full console.

I have been out of the new Caprice scene for awhile bit I am guessing around $20k or more since it is basically new.
BadgedBowtie

Post by BadgedBowtie »

arizona wrote:Woops, sorry, 6.0, would never buy the v6. Other options are dual batteries, full size spare, rear curtain airbags, and a few others. Still have the window sticker etc. Car is mint and new. Will post pics when I can, but it IS a 9c3 with the full console.

I have been out of the new Caprice scene for awhile bit I am guessing around $20k or more since it is basically new.

V8 is a must have for the most part... (no 6 cyls. for me either) All of the PPVs have dual batteries from what I have learned. (left side battery for the car and its needs, right side for auxiliary police equipment). Full size spare is also very good and the airbags are also standard I believe. But the biggest selling point is the 9C3 console and carpeted? interior? Should also have the full size wheel covers and not the smaller lug covers.

I would say that you aren't far off in your asking price if it is as nicely kept and appointed as you are stating.
LEGATUM VICECOMITEM
arizona

Post by arizona »

Batteries and airbags an option on the window sticker and yes full carpet, cloth and full covers. Yep, it's mint. Only 3000 miles in 3 years.
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

Not all 2011 9C3's have dual batteries, it is an option. The 2011's are much more unique, as many of them were optioned sorta haphazardly. :lol: Mine was an MSO car, with 2400 miles on it, when I purchased. Have no clue was it was used for, but it was a new car, for all intentions. No dirt or dust above the mufflers. I purchased mine in October of 2011.

They are the most desirable, and one in that shape, for someone really wanting this car, 20 sounds about right. 8-) Good color too, as I think the silver and gray are the most photogenic. :P
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Very nice car.... BTW I was wondering what happened to you, you sorta faded into the sunset. Good to see you're still around.

Even numbers never sell as good as odd numbers, old car salesman's trick. Start it at $20,495 or thereabouts if you advertise it off-site. Or, bite the bullet and start it at $19,995 if you want. Either way it's a darned nice car and will bring good money. 9C3's, especially 6.0l low milers are becoming as rare as unicorns these days.

Good luck and if you decide to list it, pictures, good description, all those things sell!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
SShiftn6

Post by SShiftn6 »

I can't friggin believe it...I was even going to PM you a couple weeks ago about this car as you had mentioned it to me a year or so ago. The idea fell by the wayside figuring she wouldn't sell, or it'd be out of my price range. Then I started looking at leasing something new over the last week as my previous DD died a week and a half ago and I pulled the trigger on Saturday...unreal; just my luck!

Any chance she'd be interested in taking over a lease for a 2016 Civic EX? :lol: Has remote start, sunroof, back-up camera and right side blind spot camera!
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

I just bought a 2011 9C3, Black, with 7,900 on the clock and gave 18k for it. Other than the color, it sounds like the same car. Good luck! If I hadn't got mine I'd be calling you.
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
arizona

Post by arizona »

SShiftn6 wrote:I can't friggin believe it...I was even going to PM you a couple weeks ago about this car as you had mentioned it to me a year or so ago. The idea fell by the wayside figuring she wouldn't sell, or it'd be out of my price range. Then I started looking at leasing something new over the last week as my previous DD died a week and a half ago and I pulled the trigger on Saturday...unreal; just my luck!

Any chance she'd be interested in taking over a lease for a 2016 Civic EX? :lol: Has remote start, sunroof, back-up camera and right side blind spot camera!
Yea, I don't make it down to my mom's very often so I am sorry to hear you bought something. I am not sure this would be a quick sell either. She needs to decide what she needs in a car and since she turns 80 soon, does she even need to drive.