2011 9C3 CIVILIAN owner since new.

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
CrashTestDummy

Re: 2011 9C3 CIVILIAN owner since new.

Post by CrashTestDummy »

If she can see, then, yes, she needs to drive.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
arizona

Post by arizona »

elc32955 wrote:Very nice car.... BTW I was wondering what happened to you, you sorta faded into the sunset. Good to see you're still around.

Even numbers never sell as good as odd numbers, old car salesman's trick. Start it at $20,495 or thereabouts if you advertise it off-site. Or, bite the bullet and start it at $19,995 if you want. Either way it's a darned nice car and will bring good money. 9C3's, especially 6.0l low milers are becoming as rare as unicorns these days.

Good luck and if you decide to list it, pictures, good description, all those things sell!

Eric
Hey Eric, still around, just been busy with other cars, lol. Driving Scat Pack Dodge's nowadays. Still love the Aussie cars though.
arizona

Post by arizona »

CrashTestDummy wrote:If she can see, then, yes, she needs to drive.
Gene, what agency did your 1992 B4C come from?
SBRMD

Post by SBRMD »

Where did you find that one?

yargnits wrote:I just bought a 2011 9C3, Black, with 7,900 on the clock and gave 18k for it. Other than the color, it sounds like the same car. Good luck! If I hadn't got mine I'd be calling you.
Steve Robin
Minneapolis, MN
'11 PPV 9C3 Phantom Black Metallic
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

SBRMD wrote:Where did you find that one?

yargnits wrote:I just bought a 2011 9C3, Black, with 7,900 on the clock and gave 18k for it. Other than the color, it sounds like the same car. Good luck! If I hadn't got mine I'd be calling you.
Private owner that bought it new and kept it as a toy car. He had a few other toys including a couple Buick Grand Nationals. His heart wasn't totally into selling it but he put an ad on Craigslist (of all places) just to see what attention it'd get. I found the ad with a website that searches all of craigslist. He told me only one other person called and offered him $10k over the phone. I'd never make an offer over the phone so I hopped on a plane to look at it with $$ in hand; hoping to pull a Richard Rawlings on him. I went willing to spend only $16k but bumped my number up when I saw the car. (I took my checkbook too). He also sold me the Camaro rims he picked up for it for $300.

I love the car but miss driving somewhere and not having to worry about who parks next to me and other hazards of using it as a DD.
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

arizona wrote:
I was at least 3rd in line on that one. It was a TxDPS car. It still has the DPS asset tag. It came from the 'A&M Bunch', where several Aggie students picked up several retired B4Cs (5 or 6, IIRC). They got raced, and otherwise abused. Our car did some CMC or AI racing, whatever allowed bolt-in roll bars in the stock classes, and raced a few seasons. It then went to an autocrosser, and has a podium finish at the Solo Nationals in F Stock one year.

When we got it, I daily-drove it a while, and it was a backup autocross car (we'd run our year-end regional championships in it, since F Stock got a better PAX than C Prepared). Now, it's semi-retired, waiting to be next in line for restoration, if I can ever finish the SVO.

It's still an awesome car to drive. Not a ton of HP, or grip, but you get done with a short ride and get out of the car with a smile on your face. It's just a nice road car.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
arizona

Post by arizona »

CrashTestDummy wrote:
arizona wrote:
I was at least 3rd in line on that one. It was a TxDPS car. It still has the DPS asset tag. It came from the 'A&M Bunch', where several Aggie students picked up several retired B4Cs (5 or 6, IIRC). They got raced, and otherwise abused. Our car did some CMC or AI racing, whatever allowed bolt-in roll bars in the stock classes, and raced a few seasons. It then went to an autocrosser, and has a podium finish at the Solo Nationals in F Stock one year.

When we got it, I daily-drove it a while, and it was a backup autocross car (we'd run our year-end regional championships in it, since F Stock got a better PAX than C Prepared). Now, it's semi-retired, waiting to be next in line for restoration, if I can ever finish the SVO.

It's still an awesome car to drive. Not a ton of HP, or grip, but you get done with a short ride and get out of the car with a smile on your face. It's just a nice road car.
It's one 155 bought by the DPS that year.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Yeah, IIRC, there were like 1200 or so total built. Given their lot in life, and then use upon retirement, I'm thinking we have something now about as rare as my old 72 Trans Am. Too bad they're not as appreciated.

Because of the aftermarket paint job, it's pretty ugly, but really is a joy to drive. Luckily, they just scuffed the finish, and shot over it, so the factory pattern is still there. The plan is to put it back in it's OEM black and white finish. I also have a bolt-on fiberglass hood I may install, to add lightness. :mrgreen:

In street trim, it will run the 1/4 at 13.99 at 101. That little 305 will haul the mail.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
arizona

Post by arizona »

CrashTestDummy wrote:Yeah, IIRC, there were like 1200 or so total built. Given their lot in life, and then use upon retirement, I'm thinking we have something now about as rare as my old 72 Trans Am. Too bad they're not as appreciated.

Because of the aftermarket paint job, it's pretty ugly, but really is a joy to drive. Luckily, they just scuffed the finish, and shot over it, so the factory pattern is still there. The plan is to put it back in it's OEM black and white finish. I also have a bolt-on fiberglass hood I may install, to add lightness. :mrgreen:

In street trim, it will run the 1/4 at 13.99 at 101. That little 305 will haul the mail.
Only 589 B4C's made in 1992.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Yes, but I think the total 3rd Gen B4C production was in the 1200 range. But it's been a while since I've looked at the numbers.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?