2013 9C1 V8 24k on eBay

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
yargnits

2013 9C1 V8 24k on eBay

Post by yargnits »

Just popped up on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131739335439?fo ... rvr_id%3D0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
xcidmigs

Re: 2013 9C1 V8 24k on eBay

Post by xcidmigs »

Ebay seller ID is great on that and that seems like a good deal if you don't mind the 9c1 pkg.... I would have bought that last winter b4 i found my 9c3
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

xcidmigs wrote:Ebay seller ID is great on that and that seems like a good deal if you don't mind the 9c1 pkg.... I would have bought that last winter b4 i found my 9c3
At first I thought it was a great deal and made me have 2nd thoughts about how much I paid for my '11 two weeks ago. The I saw it was a starting bid price with a reserve. The 'buy it now' price makes me feel much better about what I paid for a 9C3.

But I thought I'd pass it on in case someone was looking.
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

I don't think you should ever feel bad about a 9C3 . What ever you paid for it . Remember they discounted this style of car and it will become a rare option vehicle . I don't mean to say it will be a valuable rare car , but you will not see it everywhere . At least that's one way of looking at your 9C3 purchase .
storm9c1

Post by storm9c1 »

Yeah, that's more like it. That car is around the mileage and price point that would make me consider buying another, but only a mild "consider" at this point. It would take something cheaper to make me pull the trigger. Maybe.... Errrrrr... I'd have to get rid of some B-bodies, so maybe not. LOL.
Tom (AKA: Storm)
2011 Caprice 9C3: L77, 8K miles, first-owner, purchased July 2011.
1995 Caprice 9C1: LT1, 178K miles, summer car.
1995 Impala SS: LT1, 21K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 62K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 128K miles. Rust In Pieces
1994 Caprice 9C1: LT1, beater winter car.
1969 Chevy C30: 383ci stroker, 4L80E, rollback car hauler.
1972 Chrysler Newport: 400ci big block, survivor 27K miles, 2-door hardtop.
1969 Dodge Charger: 383ci big block.
kevink

Post by kevink »

This car was hit in the back and is nowhere near mint. I arrived early to look at it and they were still putting the trunk back together. Since I was early, I got to look under the car as it was on a lift. They tried to hide some crunched sheetmetal near the frame rails with undercoating which was still wet. The spotlight hole was filled. It smells like it was in a body shop for a month but the guy claims that it was never repainted. It drove okay and the damage under the car looked relatively minor, but who knows what else he's lying about. Shady deal here. His business is buying wrecks and reselling them.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Good move going to see that b4 buying.. hopefully someone can get a deal but at the buy it now price I'm definately not sure now...
TheKidRaphael

Post by TheKidRaphael »

I am seriously considering about buying this car. Ive test driven this car twice and it sounds pretty good and handles good on the highway. If there were any major issues that happened to the car i can usually pick it up by either the shotty paint job, cock-eyed body work, etc. If it was rear-ended and thats the worst thing this car had went through, then I'd still buy it. its the front that i'd be concerned with because the heart, brain and lungs of it all is there. But I do see they had other caprices that were there being rebuilt from donor cars. Which means they were purchased from insurance sales. There is a Washington state trooper car there and there was a flipped caprice there. I was there at the shop with the worker twice watching how they worked. No way am I defending or speaking for the guys, but the way that these guys work, they are pretty much thorough. Ive did the car fax report last night ($39) and the free auto checker that eBay have and they are both concurrent with each other.

I did reply to several comments that was posted in my introduction/new members section, but i think the mods/admins might have deleted it.
If the title is clean, then i pray that I wouldn't have a problem getting a clean title from the state.
Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.
Report Run Date April 4, 2016 10:20:41 AM EDT

Vehicle: 2013 Chevrolet Caprice Police (6G1MK5R25DL823794)

Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details
08/08/2013 DUNDALK, MD
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:44065910)
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/07/2014 DUNDALK, MD
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
02/23/2015 EASTERN REGION
Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE
02/24/2015 EASTERN REGION
Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION

There have been no accidents reported to AutoCheck for this 2013 Chevrolet Caprice Police (6G1MK5R25DL823794). AutoCheck receives its accident data from government sources and independent agencies, and based on the information available to us, we have found that no accidents have been reported on this vehicle.
Title and Problem Check
checks_out Your Vehicle Checks Out: AutoCheck's database for this 2013 Chevrolet Caprice Police (6G1MK5R25DL823794) shows no negative titles or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems, and disqualifies the vehicle for AutoCheck Buyback Protection. Check the Vehicle Use and Event Check for reported accidents that can affect vehicle safety and value.
0 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
image No abandoned title record
image No damaged title or major damage incident record
image No fire damaged title record
image No grey market title record
image No hail damage title record
image No insurance loss title or probable total loss record
image No junk or scrapped title record
image No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record
image No odometer problem title record
image No rebuilt/rebuildable title record
image No salvage title or salvage auction record
image No water damaged title record
image No NHTSA crash test record
image No frame/unibody damage record
image No recycling facility record
Odometer Check
checks_out Your Vehicle Checks Out: AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 2013 Chevrolet Caprice Police (6G1MK5R25DL823794) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.
0 Problem(s) Reported: Mileage Date Reported
image 10 08/08/2013
image 22,562 02/23/2015
image 22,562 02/24/2015
Vehicle Use and Event Check
image Information Reported: AutoCheck shows additional vehicle uses or events reported to AutoCheck for this 2013 Chevrolet Caprice Police (6G1MK5R25DL823794). This includes reported vehicle uses such as rental or lease, and events such as whether the vehicle has been reported to have had a loan/lien or a duplicate title issued. Other events show if the vehicle has a reported accident and how many calculated accidents or if it has been reported stolen or repossessed. It is recommended to have pre-owned vehicles inspected by a third party prior to purchase.
1 Event(s) Reported: 6 Vehicle uses checked:
image Fleet, rental and/or lease use record(s)
image No taxi use record
image No police use record
image No government use record
image No livery use record
image No driver education record
0 Event(s) Reported: 9 Vehicle events checked:
image No accident record reported through accident data sources
image No corrected title record
image No duplicate title record
image No emission/safety inspection record
image No loan/lien record
image No fire damage incident record
image No repossessed record
image No theft record
image No storm area registration/title record
kevink

Post by kevink »

Not all accidents are reported. The car was hit- I saw it with my own eyes since it was up on a lift. When the scum bag arrived at the shop, I asked him how bad it was hit. He fumbled around and said something like, "I'll have to ask my partner... I am not aware of any accidents." He then got on the phone and I overheard him say, "Well he must have gotten here early." LOL. They were pissed off that I got there before they had the car back together. I pointed out that there was wet undercoating under the car and inside the trunk which they used to cover up crinkled sheet metal. I then pointed out how they were replacing the spare tire well from the donor car. Did you see the car in the front of the shop missing the roof? That was the donor car. You asked for honest feedback on the car, and since I looked at it, I PMd you some details that you obviously overlooked. It sounds like you're okay with owning a rebuilt vehicle, so why not just buy it? It sounds like your mind is already made up.

It's a good thing that you are going to paint it, because it sure needs it. Did you notice how the spotlight hole was filled? You may want to take the roof down to bare metal to make sure the holes up there were filled properly before you put nice paint on it. The rear bumper cover is not aligned properly, so you should fix that at the same time, too. I also remember some front end body panels not lining up properly. Also- the hood latch is way out of alignment which may point to front end damage. When the hood is lowered, the latch smashes the radiator support instead of engaging in the release mechanism. The hood will not close unless you pull the lever. You will see a nice dime sized dent about 3/8" deep where the latch hits the rad support when the hood is lowered. The two wiper blades on these cars are different sizes. Did you notice that the wiper blades were switched left to right? Again, this points to front end damage or a replaced windshield. It also points to someone who doesn't know what they're doing. Did you notice how one or two wheel covers have been replaced? Again, this points to a hit, abuse, whatever. Oh, one more thing. Did you notice how the rear bumper (the actual bumper inside the bumper cover) was brand new? Again, this points to a hit.

Were you the one who did the buy it now on ebay on March 5? The car supposedly sold then for $15,499. After I pointed out everything wrong with the car, he said he'll take $14,500 for it.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
TheKidRaphael

Post by TheKidRaphael »

kevink wrote:Not all accidents are reported. The car was hit- I saw it with my own eyes since it was up on a lift. When the scum bag arrived at the shop, I asked him how bad it was hit. He fumbled around and said something like, "I'll have to ask my partner... I am not aware of any accidents." He then got on the phone and I overheard him say, "Well he must have gotten here early." LOL. They were pissed off that I got there before they had the car back together. I pointed out that there was wet undercoating under the car and inside the trunk which they used to cover up crinkled sheet metal. I then pointed out how they were replacing the spare tire well from the donor car. Did you see the car in the front of the shop missing the roof? That was the donor car. You asked for honest feedback on the car, and since I looked at it, I PMd you some details that you obviously overlooked. It sounds like you're okay with owning a rebuilt vehicle, so why not just buy it? It sounds like your mind is already made up.

It's a good thing that you are going to paint it, because it sure needs it. Did you notice how the spotlight hole was filled? You may want to take the roof down to bare metal to make sure the holes up there were filled properly before you put nice paint on it. The rear bumper cover is not aligned properly, so you should fix that at the same time, too. I also remember some front end body panels not lining up properly. Also- the hood latch is way out of alignment which may point to front end damage. When the hood is lowered, the latch smashes the radiator support instead of engaging in the release mechanism. The hood will not close unless you pull the lever. You will see a nice dime sized dent about 3/8" deep where the latch hits the rad support when the hood is lowered. The two wiper blades on these cars are different sizes. Did you notice that the wiper blades were switched left to right? Again, this points to front end damage or a replaced windshield. It also points to someone who doesn't know what they're doing. Did you notice how one or two wheel covers have been replaced? Again, this points to a hit, abuse, whatever. Oh, one more thing. Did you notice how the rear bumper (the actual bumper inside the bumper cover) was brand new? Again, this points to a hit.

Were you the one who did the buy it now on ebay on March 5? The car supposedly sold then for $15,499. After I pointed out everything wrong with the car, he said he'll take $14,500 for it.

Kevin. I never received any message from you, so the notion of me overlooking anything from you or anyone else is debunked because i considered that valuable information. I actually reached out to you at 10 this morning about your knowledge about the car. Obviously i need 2nd opinions and not try to lose 15 grand on a car that's probable of not even being "road legal".

2nd prior to last night, I haven't been on ebay since 2009 when i bought a pair of Jordan 3 sneakers from Idaho. I didn't know this car was on ebay until XC i think quoted the link to this post on the forum. Now that i did the research i invested 40 bucks in a cafax and the free ebay report and they both were exact in details.

Now i notice the holes inside the car pillars. Obviously it has been filled because it a former law enforcement vehicle. That's what many do when they buy retired fleets. They remove/delete the Aux spot lights because they're eyesores cosmetically, 2 you cant legally use them without drawing attention to yourself as well as impairing other drivers. Then after not using them they will begin to yellow.

I noticed the 3 caprices inside the shop. The missing roof caprice was a caprice that was flipped over. They cut the roof to swap the interior to be installed in the the Washington State Police Caprice car that they are currently building. They also have took a fender and grill from that caprice and placed it on the car.

I'm not oblivious to what is going on. I'm aware, however by how i examined the car, test driven it, it didn't seem to raise any major flags. I was able to open and close the trunk. The bumper did have a small scuff on the left side but not bad. I looked under the car on the lift i didn't see any crumpling to the frame or chassis of the car. Just minor rust to the exhaust and surface rust to the axel but nothing serious. I didn't see any leaks or anything missing from what I've seen on the 2nd day I've came.

I'm not being argumentative or standoffish to you or anyone. I am mild mannered and very jovial, i dont have any one in life that can say anything negative about me. But that's besides the point. The point is i do give everyone a benefit of a doubt. I listen to whoever have knowledge on these cars, and what your telling me I'm taking great heed to it. Believe me i am. I did PM you my cell number to text or talk about it or probably meet up to see this guy and get the real scoop on the car.

One thing i dont like is shady business. If the car was deemed wrecked then it should be destroyed. But if it was minor damage that doesn't sacrifices the safety and performance of the car, i wouldn't mind taking a chance.

That's all i wanted to get across lol.