Shipping option from Australia

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
yargnits

Shipping option from Australia

Post by yargnits »

I've made a trip down the internet rabbit hole and found a importer/exporter that ships a container to and from Australia on a regular basis. They're based out of Southern Australia and Indianapolis Indiana. (Good news for me and great news for our new Indy member). So if you're thinking how to get some larger/heavier items from Oz you can give them a call and see what the fee would be. Personally, I'm thinking about the trailer hitch mod, but I haven't contacted them about costs yet.

I just thought I'd pass the info along to help others out. See http://cheetahimports.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
BlackGT5

Re: Shipping option from Australia

Post by BlackGT5 »

yargnits wrote:I've made a trip down the internet rabbit hole and found a importer/exporter that ships a container to and from Australia on a regular basis. They're based out of Southern Australia and Indianapolis Indiana. (Good news for me and great news for our new Indy member). So if you're thinking how to get some larger/heavier items from Oz you can give them a call and see what the fee would be. Personally, I'm thinking about the trailer hitch mod, but I haven't contacted them about costs yet.

I just thought I'd pass the info along to help others out. See http://cheetahimports.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like the wait time could be a month or two. Good to have another option though. Have you checked with Crazy Paul on the price to have a trailer hitch sent over? I've used CP several times to get stuff over here. Granted nothing too heavy but I know others have.
2009.5 PBM G8 GT - CAI, Headers, Tune
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

BlackGT5 wrote:Looks like the wait time could be a month or two. Good to have another option though. Have you checked with Crazy Paul on the price to have a trailer hitch sent over? I've used CP several times to get stuff over here. Granted nothing too heavy but I know others have.
I had a txt conversation with them on Monday and they said a container will be coming this way in 2 weeks. I'm not sure how up to date the webpage is. They have a FB account you can contact them through too: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheetah- ... 7636076851" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know CP can easily hook us up with new parts, but I was just giving another option for used pieces.
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
BlackGT5

Post by BlackGT5 »

yargnits wrote:
I know CP can easily hook us up with new parts, but I was just giving another option for used pieces.
CP can do used pieces as well. Last few items I bought from him were used actually.

He picked up some nice velour/felt seatbacks at a wrecker for me to replace my plastic ones which were in bad shape. I'm pretty sure I have the only G8 with velour seatbacks :lol:

2009.5 PBM G8 GT - CAI, Headers, Tune
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Dave, thanks for posting up the new supplier. As always, more shipping options are better for everyone and it gives you a new source for shipping stuff from some of the auto wreckers economically. CP has good deals, but there's an entire continent of parts & pieces which has been mostly closed to us simply because of shipping costs and there's tons of wreckers that would probably love to move/export parts. Anyway, I'd rather have the option then not. I've done good on EBAY from down under several times...

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

BlackGT5 wrote:
CP ... picked up some nice velour/felt seatbacks at a wrecker for me to replace my plastic ones which were in bad shape. I'm pretty sure I have the only G8 with velour seatbacks :lol:
I'd love to get some new backs, just for the pockets. There's a boneyard here in town that wants to sell the whole seat so I'll keep looking. I might get the grab handles out of that car though. They want $15 each for them.

elc32955 wrote:Dave, thanks for posting up the new supplier. As always, more shipping options are better for everyone and it gives you a new source for shipping stuff from some of the auto wreckers economically. CP has good deals, but there's an entire continent of parts & pieces which has been mostly closed to us simply because of shipping costs and there's tons of wreckers that would probably love to move/export parts. Anyway, I'd rather have the option then not. I've done good on EBAY from down under several times...

Eric
That's what I thought. They say they will even help source items since they're gearheads themselves. I'm going to see if they can find a couple odds and ends.
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT