Requested upgrades to feature sets for the Caprice

Need custom module programming for your Caprice PPV? Chris White is here to answer your questions.
Forum rules
Please note & respect that Chris has full-time employment. General questions can be posted here, but for specific individual needs please contact him via his website. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Requested upgrades to feature sets for the Caprice

Post by elc32955 »

Hope you didn't let the dealer program the speed limiter in.... or ZAP goes your fuel pressure at 131 MPH. But you can change it with HP Tuners, or take it back out entirely. With my tune I think the limiter is set at something like 267 MPH.... lol....

Quick funny story, long time ago in the B-body club I belonged to, I was the guy that loaded everyone's OBD-1 tunes with Tunercat and made the minor changes for tire size, etc.... Well, one time we had a new guy come to a club meet with a 94 9C1 that was seriously bragging on his car, it had some mods but it wasn't the fastest car out there by far. Well, this guy thought it was. He was insisting that I throw the laptop on there to "check his computer out", so a little light bulb went on in my head that said "FUNTIME!"...

When I pulled this guy's calibration, he had basically a stock 9C1 tune for that year car with the 130 MPH limiter, so after I had the laptop on it for a min or two we started pumping him up on how badass the computer said his car was ("Wow, look at that FUEL CURVE!!") and that he should race the fastest guy in the club like immediately (we set him up against a guy that owned a 95 9C1 with a L99, the small little V8 - but this gomer didn't know the difference). It took him about 3 secs to agree.... LOL

So, the two line up at a traffic light just down the road, the light went green and away they went until they hit 45 MPH. Then, for some unknown reason (HEH HEH) his car died out and the L99 whooped his butt. I programmed his speed limiter for 45 MPH when I had the laptop on there..... so after a slice of humble pie was handed to him when they got back together we put his car back right.

Fun times....
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
arizona

Post by arizona »

elc32955 wrote:Hope you didn't let the dealer program the speed limiter in.... or ZAP goes your fuel pressure at 131 MPH. But you can change it with HP Tuners, or take it back out entirely. With my tune I think the limiter is set at something like 267 MPH.... lol....

Quick funny story, long time ago in the B-body club I belonged to, I was the guy that loaded everyone's OBD-1 tunes with Tunercat and made the minor changes for tire size, etc.... Well, one time we had a new guy come to a club meet with a 94 9C1 that was seriously bragging on his car, it had some mods but it wasn't the fastest car out there by far. Well, this guy thought it was. He was insisting that I throw the laptop on there to "check his computer out", so a little light bulb went on in my head that said "FUNTIME!"...

When I pulled this guy's calibration, he had basically a stock 9C1 tune for that year car with the 130 MPH limiter, so after I had the laptop on it for a min or two we started pumping him up on how badass the computer said his car was ("Wow, look at that FUEL CURVE!!") and that he should race the fastest guy in the club like immediately (we set him up against a guy that owned a 95 9C1 with a L99, the small little V8 - but this gomer didn't know the difference). It took him about 3 secs to agree.... LOL

So, the two line up at a traffic light just down the road, the light went green and away they went until they hit 45 MPH. Then, for some unknown reason (HEH HEH) his car died out and the L99 whooped his butt. I programmed his speed limiter for 45 MPH when I had the laptop on there..... so after a slice of humble pie was handed to him when they got back together we put his car back right.

Fun times....
Have no idea on that but let me ask you a question, when was the last time you were at 131mph anywhere? Doubt the car will see 120, lol.

That guy wasn't pissed at you on the speed limiter, lol? He must have crapped himself.
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

I had mine past 140 on the Austin Tollway... He he he!

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Last week between West Cocoa and St. Cloud? :) Naah, he was decent about it when we told him what had happened to him, he turned out to be a pretty good guy actually. Just had too much LT1 hype fed to him by the masses after first getting one.

I always thought a limiter was a little emasculating, just the thought of having more horsepower there at your disposal but being choked off by a little computer never sat well. I must have full access to the horsepower I paid good money for! LOL....
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
arizona

Post by arizona »

elc32955 wrote:Last week between West Cocoa and St. Cloud? :) Naah, he was decent about it when we told him what had happened to him, he turned out to be a pretty good guy actually. Just had too much LT1 hype fed to him by the masses after first getting one.

I always thought a limiter was a little emasculating, just the thought of having more horsepower there at your disposal but being choked off by a little computer never sat well. I must have full access to the horsepower I paid good money for! LOL....
Like you say though, a tune will take care of that. Would be nice to program some of the torque management out of this car. That is what I hated about my G8 GT I had.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Tom,
What took you so long? I had 142 on my "Trap Speed" the first week I owned my car. :)

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Eric has had some luck with his tuner. I would think that it has been addressed. I have been playing with it on my car, (HPTuners) but not good enough at it yet to share. Lot's of minor mistakes, So many engine and trans tables are tied to others. I am getting tire spin between gears in the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts right now. The other shifts are a lot firmer.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

I did it back during the weekend of the Austin 400... got to watch the Australian V8 Supercars, from the Holden Racing Team suite to boot!

Later!
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

GTPprix wrote: He has a 9C3 so it already had it. My guess is it was just disabled in the cluster and when they reprogrammed it for the interior and auto lamps it just reset that flag to on :)
This was in regards to having the dealer enable remote starting. Is this true for all 9C3s?

Edit: I read the thread between the post I quoted and here. It seems mine probably won't have the option as I don't have any electrical wiring coming from my latch. I'll look at the code sticker and confirm BTV isn't there.

I'm assuming that when I get the hood latch it hooks up to the little unused connector right there near the latch.
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Yep,
A two wire connector. And you will need to get a key fob that has the remote start button. Chris with WAM has addressed what is required after he programs your BCM.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500