New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note & respect that Chris has full-time employment and has only specific contact hours for his business. General questions can be posted here, but for specific individual needs please contact him via his website. Hours of operation are SAT & SUN from 10AM to 4PM Central time. Please only expect responses to EMAILS & forum posts during these times.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:30 pm 

I'm checking off my list of wants for the PPV and learning about the radio upgrade. One push of the steering wheel's phone button initiates the phone function of my Bluetooth connected iPhone, and it works great with the mic in place.

What I've been doing to activate Siri is double-tapping the steering wheel's phone button. Is that what others have been doing?

EDIT: one tap seems to do the trick.

2008 Buick Enclave
2004 GMC Yukon
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)

Last edited by yargnits on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:54 pm 

Is anyone else using an iPhone to make and receive calls through the radio's bluetooth? Mine has been hit-and-miss on being able to hear each other.

2008 Buick Enclave
2004 GMC Yukon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:24 pm 

Sorry, I have android. No voice activation for me it looks like.

2013 Silver Caprice PPV

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:52 pm 

mercialogo wrote:
Sorry, I have android. No voice activation for me it looks like.

Hold down the steering wheel button the should invoke hands free dialing.

2016 SRX - Custom BCM/HMI - More to come
2016 Yukon Denali XL - Custom BCM/HMI/IPC

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:20 am 

yargnits wrote:
Is anyone else using an iPhone to make and receive calls through the radio's bluetooth? Mine has been hit-and-miss on being able to hear each other.

Yup. I find that if I use any of the vehicle controls to answer a call (Steering wheel or touch display), the other person won't be able to hear me, and I wont hear them. This is the case even when the phone shows the call is via bluetooth. What i've found is if I intiaite the call from my phone, or answer it from my phone, it always works this way - as in, they hear me through the car's mic, and I hear them through the car's speakers (duh).

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:29 pm 

Karma_Police wrote:
yargnits wrote:

Yup. I find that if I use any of the vehicle controls to answer a call (Steering wheel or touch display), the other person won't be able to hear me, and I wont hear them. This is the case even when the phone shows the call is via bluetooth. What i've found is if I intiaite the call from my phone, or answer it from my phone, it always works this way - as in, they hear me through the car's mic, and I hear them through the car's speakers (duh).

I can answer a call from the car controls but I can't ask siri to "call my wife". I can't hear her. Not sure if she can hear me.

2008 Buick Enclave
2004 GMC Yukon

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:45 pm 

[quote=I can answer a call from the car controls but I can't ask siri to "call my wife". I can't hear her. Not sure if she can hear me.[/quote]

Maybe your car prefers it this way.........

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:40 am 

Besides plugging in the microphone, is there any additional wiring to be hooked up or installed once the radio is Bluetooth capable?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:37 pm 

Fudgehog wrote:
Besides plugging in the microphone, is there any additional wiring to be hooked up or installed once the radio is Bluetooth capable?

Nope. I just plugged it in to the connector that was up there and it worked immediately.

I will say that I'm disappointed with the quality. My wife complains that it's hard to hear me and Siri doesn't understand that well either. One downside to having the phone Bluetoothed in to the system is that when I initiate Siri (even frim the phone's home button) it always uses the car's mic. The bad quality leads to a lot of incorrect speech-to-text messages. I lean toward blaming the road noise, which is a huge contributor to the issue, but if I shut off the Bluetooth and force the use of the phones mic, it works great.

Maybe others will chime in and offer a different experience, and something's just goofy with my mic.

2008 Buick Enclave
2004 GMC Yukon