Holden Extravaganza

Upcoming events (car shows, racing, meets, conferences, etc....) of interest to our community. Also forum member meetups - either solo to Caprices or with other car groups such as informal cruise-in's, etc....
lawdog

Holden Extravaganza

Post by lawdog »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/G8Extravaganza/

Holden Extravaganza March 24 and 25. Valdosta GA See link above
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Holden Extravaganza

Post by elc32955 »

Hi, there's a problem unfortunately. This organization apparently has made their Facebook group private, so unless you are both a Facebook member AND join their group, you get no info. I did a quick Google search, so let's try this link;

http://holdenextravaganza.com/

Looks like the event will be this weekend, March 24-26 in Valdosta, Georgia. The car show will be at the Holiday Inn, 1805 W Hill Ave, Valdosta, GA 31601. Their website does not give an exact schedule for anything, so specific dates/times for the car show are unknown as well as any entry fees. I took the initiative to check on the SS forums, and this is not posted as an event on their events & meets calendar. Same goes for the G8 board.

I'm an old member of the Florida G8 group and the lack of outreach on this event is truly puzzling to me...

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Folks, I'm sorry to report I've been unable to get further information on this meet. I reached out to an old friend that was responsible for organizing the Extravaganza when it was here in Florida and he didn't have any connections with the current organizers, just referred me over to the (private) Facebook group.

After this is all over I'll see if I can find out who is running the organizing committee and have a friendly chat....

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
BAZTEK

Post by BAZTEK »

Hey guys, the Extravaganza has been taken over by Joe LaBruzza from G8only/SSonly/LSXonly. He has updated the website and will be rolling things out shortly for 2024 so stay tuned.
Mike Baz
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Roger that, thanks for the info. I've dropped an EMAIL to him off the website.

Eric
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Just a brief update to my last posting. I did reach out via the Extravaganza website with EMAIL to the site manager inviting him to join our forums and keep us in the loop on this event, my communication was not acknowledged nor answered. I'm truly at a loss here as every car club/association/show I've ever seen wastes no effort to promote their particular organization/event. I have dash plaques from this event when it was held in Florida, I had my 2011 at three separate shows and had a very good time at all of them. In fact I met Garner Ames at one show and have pics of him getting a show award!

So, on this one it's up to the members that participate in the private Facebook show group to keep us posted methinks. I tried....

Thanks
Eric