How To - Build your own USB cable for 2011- 2013 PPV's

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
kaylin4u

Re: How To - Build your own USB cable for 2011- 2013 PPV's

Post by kaylin4u »

Oh yeah. Had a couple of problems with my first silverbox I sent Chris, but after I got him a good box, he was able to flash it for me. Lovin it!

One thing I found out is that none of my USB flash drives would work. After emailing Chris, he said that this stereo was designed back in 2007, so try a 4 or 8GB flash drive. I wound up buying 3 SanDisk Cruzer 8GB Flash drives from Amazon that works great. Might have to buy some more just to keep on hand.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

It seems there is a 1000 file limit to the USB storage devise. Formatting has to be correct also in FAT32. Not sure we have seen a size limit bt the 1000 files can usually fit on a 8MB so no sense going over that if you can't play them.

Link: Discussion of 1000 file limit
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
kaylin4u

Post by kaylin4u »

Well just wanted you to all know that the USB cable I ordered off Ebay worked like a charm. Just hooked it up today (sorry it took so long...job change...etc). But I went out on Ebay and couldn't find the link where I purchased it.

It was labeled: "RD43 RD45 RD9 USB Cable Adapter OEM Port for Peugeot 307 308 408 Citroen C4 C5". I should have gotten more, but it was only around $9.

I think I found this link (If the forum will let me) for around $12. Maybe it's cheaper elsewhere on Ebay, but I'm sure it's the same cable I got.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-Radio-US ... SwyJNdUuaF
kaylin4u

Post by kaylin4u »

Well I went back outside to run to town, but my stereo was stuck at the Chevy Logo and wouldn't load the Media. All the other controls, worked other that radio and media. Powered it down and on again, still same problem (getting a little worried)...then I disconnected the cable..nothing...so I hooked my old usb cable back up and it's back running again. Don't know if this is a fluke or something the cable caused, but just be cautious everyone!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

What did you have hooked to the cable? Thumb Drive? Ipod? And with that item hooked to your old cable never had a problem correct?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Just an update to this thread. A few more folks have tried the USB cables off of Ebay for the Peugeot cars and are hainvg success. So maybe the report in this thread was just a fluke or a bad cable.

There also seems to be a few sellers in the US now of these cable. See this search for US sellers:
Peugeot USB Cable On Ebay
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
JRWolff

Post by JRWolff »

I have had the stock radio in my 9C1's lock up at the Chevy emblem also. Has happened on both of them at least twice. After shutting the car completely off for about an hour , the radio will function correctly again. These are completely stock radios without any mods, so i don't think the cable referenced in this thread was the root cause. I am curious though if anyone happens to know why they do go into this non-functioning mode?
Twin 2012 9C1's
1991 R2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1990 V2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1991 GMC Syclone
1986 Buick Grand National
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

JRWolff wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:05 pm I am curious though if anyone happens to know why they do go into this non-functioning mode?
I just think it's a bad computer boot up like the software glitches out or something. Seems to be such a random happening but common to many people. And a restart seems to always fix. I just chalk it up to #IQLife
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White