2014 Mylink

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
ls1z28

2014 Mylink

Post by ls1z28 »

Hi all,
I have read a lot of information about infotainment systems from the 2011-13 models, but my question pertains to a 2014 model.

I recently received this car for my company car. In my old ride I had my satellite radio installed with a FM direct box.

Few questions I would like answered if anybody can help. There is a USB port that the mechanic poked through the molding for me. It has power to it, it will charge my phone. Any idea what its intended function is?

I also read that the AUX Line in feature was suppose to be inactivated, however when I cycle through the sources for music, it shows up as activated. Was curious where the input is.

I know the FM direct will be hard to use on this car since the antenna wires are euro style. Since it is a company car, I can't get too radical with pulling stuff out of it.

I was thinking of getting a 3.5mm female to USB adapter and trying to run the satellite radio through that. Anybody think it will work?

Any help is appreciated
9C1fanatic

Re: 2014 Mylink

Post by 9C1fanatic »

On other Chevrolets with Mylink, the Aux input is through the USB. The PPV supposedly has the function disabled because the USB port is usually in the center console, a feature the PPV does not have. Remember you also have the ability to play music through the blue tooth function.
Garner Ames

1975 Pontiac Grand Am L77 - 14.82 @ 92.89
1991 Chevrolet C1500 L31 Vortec/5 Speed
2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LM7
2014 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 L77 - 13.60 @ 105.87
2019 Chevrolet Express 3500 L96
GTPprix

Re: 2014 Mylink

Post by GTPprix »

ls1z28 wrote:Hi all,
I have read a lot of information about infotainment systems from the 2011-13 models, but my question pertains to a 2014 model.

I recently received this car for my company car. In my old ride I had my satellite radio installed with a FM direct box.

Few questions I would like answered if anybody can help. There is a USB port that the mechanic poked through the molding for me. It has power to it, it will charge my phone. Any idea what its intended function is?

I also read that the AUX Line in feature was suppose to be inactivated, however when I cycle through the sources for music, it shows up as activated. Was curious where the input is.

I know the FM direct will be hard to use on this car since the antenna wires are euro style. Since it is a company car, I can't get too radical with pulling stuff out of it.

I was thinking of getting a 3.5mm female to USB adapter and trying to run the satellite radio through that. Anybody think it will work?

Any help is appreciated
We reprogram those to enable all of the features missing on them, that USB can be utilized as an input source as well IE iPod. Wont help much on XM but if you happen to have the XM app it can be streamed over bluetooth.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6