Fuel door lock

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Fuel door lock

Post by Navy Lifer »

photos added to June 25 post
HoldenSS2015

Post by HoldenSS2015 »

Hey!

How did you finally connect the darn thing?!
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

what I can tell you won't be much help....Scott Williams (HACK is his name here) is the guy who wired it up. It's tied into the door lock circuit, and the wiring runs under the right side door sill trim plates up into the RF footwell area.

You don't show your location, so I can only defer to Scott for more details--PM him.He's located near Austin/Round Rock TX.

One thing still yet to be determined is whether the 14/15 SS may already have the wiring harness connector--so it would be useful to investigate that, whether by reviewing the wiring harness schematics to see IF the there's any sign of that in the door lock circuits for SS. Holden VF owners say all models get the fuel-door lock feature, so you might just get lucky!
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Navy Lifer wrote:<SNIP>

I don't know why you might prefer to do a separate gas door circuit, and the question then is do you also want the gas door to lock when the doors are locked? Seems like a pretty simple and handy feature as it's configured now.
I like to lock the car when I get out of it to fuel up, mainly because I'm usually carrying when I'm out riding around. Additionally, not that I usually hang around in such neighborhoods, but we have folks running around here who feel an unlocked vehicle is just somewhere else they can poke their head into. We have a lot of thefts of purses/laptops/etc., around here when these creeps lean into an unlocked car while the owner is outside filling it up, so locking the car when you get out to fill it up is a good idea, EVEN if it is a 9C1.

But I guess this thing is just a fuel door lock, and not a release, right? I mean you still have to press on the door to get it to pop open?
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

All good points, Gene.

You are correct--it is NOT a release....the door is push-push to latch & unlatch.

You can lock the car after un-latching the fuel door--there is nothing that will interfere with fueling the car if the doors are locked (and fuel door lock pin is extended) during the process.

After fueling, you would need to unlock the car momentarily (which will withdraw the locking pin) to close and re-latch the fuel door.