A/C fan not blowing, but IQ seems to be working+no bad fuses

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Arizona9C3

A/C fan not blowing, but IQ seems to be working+no bad fuses

Post by Arizona9C3 »

Air conditioning controls via hard knobs all seem to be working, IQ display and touch screen is working fine and all fuses seem to be fine, but I have no A/C fan.

I can adjust the fan controls up and down, but no change. If not on recirculate I get slight breeze of cold air coming through vents as I drive (so A/C compressor, etc are working) but if I set to recirculate, then no air comes out through the vents. Same thing with heat and vent adjustments work too.

So this all seems to be related to the fan blower and not an IQ issue. I checked (and even swapped with known good fuses) FU9 (blower 40 amp), FU2 HVAC battery, F37 (HVAC ignition). Any others I missed? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Jim
2011 9C3 with ProCharger (oh yeah, it IS fun)
2011 Silver 9C3
2011 Black 9C3 Procharged, custom exhaust, 571 rwhp
elc32955
System Manager

Re: A/C fan not blowing, but IQ seems to be working+no bad f

Post by elc32955 »

Send some voltage directly to the fan and see if it plays? I haven't heard of a fan motor going out but anything's possible. The component that fails more often from what I hear is the blend door positioner.

If you need more help get with me and I can see what the FSM says on troubleshooting for no blower fan....
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Jim,
Welcome to the group! I also noticed the ProCharger!

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Arizona9C3

Post by Arizona9C3 »

Well, I suppose I got faked out by reading in the past about the IQ issues some cars have. After futzing around checking everything under the sun, I finally got smart and checked the harness to the fan itself. Yup, sure enough, somehow the connector had come a tiny bit loose. Must have been the violent acceleration?

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions! I'll try not to overthink things in the future. A set of FSMs might help for real problems though. Is there any good source other than Helm?

I'm an old LT1 B-body nut and FSM for those were plentiful and not very expensive. I have the feeling the New Caprice isn't the same.
2011 Silver 9C3
2011 Black 9C3 Procharged, custom exhaust, 571 rwhp
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Right now nothing other then the Helm, or you can get a subscription to pull down GM tech info on-line. Crazy Paul has the info on how to do that, we've got the link in a few messages here. G8 reference information works for a portion of the car, other parts are Caprice and Holden-specific. Unfortunately when you deal with a vehicle that is like ours, information channels have a number of choke-points. I do have the 2011 FSM's (purchased from Helm) so if you have a specific question or need I can always look at my books and see what they say. They're very thick, three volumes worth and don't scan well on a flatbed because they're so darned BIG.
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.