HSV E3 / Maloo binnacle gauges

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
elc32955
System Manager

HSV E3 / Maloo binnacle gauges

Post by elc32955 »

Here's what I want for my car! Perfect for a Voltmeter, Vacuum gauge, and F/A ratio.
Binnacle1.jpg
Binnacle1.jpg (99.68 KiB) Viewed 22977 times
Right now no one seems to make a pod kit for the WM Caprice or VE Series 2 that we can use. I've seen the one sold on EBAY that replaces the fake speaker grill, it turns the gauges to face a right hand driver. No good for the US. I emailed the company asking if they could produce a center-facing version and received no answer.

Wonder if this is something that CP could put a kit together on for us, minus the gauges (in other words, a build & mount your own version)?

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
SBRMD

Re: HSV E3 / Maloo binnacle gauges

Post by SBRMD »

I think this company may have it:

http://www.jhpss.com

Go through the G8, interior, radio options, and also sport gages, where you'll see some different choices.
Steve Robin
Minneapolis, MN
'11 PPV 9C3 Phantom Black Metallic
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Nope, they can only get a G8 version (interchange to the VE Series 1). Ours are VE Series 2/WM interiors, they redesigned the dash to accommodate the Holden iQ. Honestly I don't think anyone has done a kit yet for our cars...

Last time one sold on EBAY down under it was out of a UTE, and it was heavy, heavy money.....
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
ZerOne

Post by ZerOne »

One of these sold in AU on eBay recently for $1120 AU.
(Which is a little less than what I paid for mine). :(

There is the option of the twin guage model, which replaces the speaker middle grill, and gives two 52mm holes for gauges ?
(These go for around $100AU on fleabay).
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

elc32955 wrote: Wonder if this is something that CP could put a kit together on for us, minus the gauges (in other words, a build & mount your own version)?
The first thing to understand is that there are several versions of iQ head unit.
The silver iQ units in several models including Caprice are not compatible (dimensionally) with the HSV E3 gauge binnacle.

Simply put.
To fit this

You must have a Black (sports series SV6/SS/SSV) iQ unit

Together equals this

And that's only the initial starting point. You still need a bucket load to frames, trim panels, appliques etc etc
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Paul, is there another piece that clips in on top of the blank gauge pod? The blank pod pic you posted as the first pic in your last post looks flatter and different then the one you EMAIL'ed me... (cropped and reattached here). It could just be the way the other pic (newer) is shot but I wasn't sure.
HSVblank1.jpg
HSVblank1.jpg (88.65 KiB) Viewed 22977 times
What's the cost on the blank pod? I think I've possibly figured out a way to make it work with the assistance of a machine shop for a few precision cuts... :)

Thanks
Eric
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

A Series 2 centre speaker cover fits into the top. Not sure if the PPV cover is the correct dimensions.

Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

elc32955 wrote:What's the cost on the blank pod?
Approx 450 shipped.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Paul, I'm ready to move on this. Please PM me when you have a sec with a firm quote on the blank pod only (shipped), I'm sure we'll have to work out the shipping and payment details.

Thanks
Eric
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hey CP...

Just to let you know the box made it here... although my heart stopped for a min when I first saw it.
box1a.jpg
box1a.jpg (138.16 KiB) Viewed 22977 times
But, never fear, when I opened the box the piece was intact. Now the fun begins.... :)

Thanks
Eric