Driver / master window switch

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
#802PalmBeach

Driver / master window switch

Post by #802PalmBeach »

So what’s the deal? I need one. Seems they are all sold out everywhere, except for a $400 dorman one and some scam websites

What’s the genius solution? I am a mechanic, surely I could figure out to jump it temporarily but want to fix it right and buy correct switch.

Do any other car models fit or at least work? Seems it’s discontinued. I did search but despite not finding anything concrete this HAS to be a well known common issue. And I see them on the road here all the time.

Thanks for the info in advance!
'12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77
30 to 70 MPH in 4.0 seconds so far

'02 Silverado 5.3 L59
8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile)

YouTube channel
s/c'd cav

Re: Driver / master window switch

Post by s/c'd cav »

just the 11-13 caprices , or the G8 if you are ok with the red back lights
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

The 11-13’s are notorious for breaking wires in the door boot on the driver side. I have several cars that required repairs there to make the windows function correctly.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Did you check car-part.com by chance? A little trick is to find cars listed on there and call the yards to see if they have the switches. A lot of yards won't inventory the smaller stuff to post but still do have it if you call.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.