Ignition wire in trunk?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
msanti84

Ignition wire in trunk?

Post by msanti84 »

Hey guys, I've decided to embark on a audio project (detailed post to come later) where I'll mount an aftermarket CD player in the trunk.

I've got a 2011 Caprice with the Aux battery. Before I go test them all with a multimeter, does anybody know off the top of their head if one of those wires is tied into the ignition, or if I'll need to run an ignition wire from the dash to the trunk. If so, which (color) wire am I looking for? The owners manual about the extra wiring was a little vague.

Thx.
-santi-
2011 Caprice 91C
1960 Chevrolet C10 - Project
Tom Slick

Re: Ignition wire in trunk?

Post by Tom Slick »

There is an amp enable pin on the radio unit... this is the best way to "power on" amps, CD players, etc., because the radio can stay on without the ignition on...

I added the contactor and wire to the Quadlock connector so I could hook up an amp for a subwoofer.

Thanks,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Ignition wire in trunk?

Post by elc32955 »

There is a 10-amp ignition switched 12V A+ wire in the trunk at the police power center, right hand side. Methinks it's pink striped with another color that I can't remember at the moment. I used the wire to hook up my airhorn amp. Whenever the key is on or the vehicle is running the line is active, it doesn't turn off until the RAP either resets or is timed out.

Check the schematics in the file section with the appropriate year upfitting manual. It's in there without a doubt, that's where I pulled the info from to find the wire.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.