Wiring up an SS shifter into a PPV

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
TTriglia417

Re: Wiring up an SS shifter into a PPV

Post by TTriglia417 »

smwalker wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:17 pm
PPVOS wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:35 am
Will this wiring work with TUTD shifting?
Any info on how it will work with paddles on the steering wheel?
Ones wired up and you have the Trans tuner adjustment enabled it will to manual shifting from the shifter.

As Jrob56 mentions the paddle sifters (hooked up in the factory specification) are not active. We are hoping that can be turned on with a BCM reprogram. Now some guys have gotten the paddles to work on thier cars but I believe they are hooking into the spots that the shifter uses on the BCM. So what I and Jrob56 are trying to do here is recreated it as close to factory as possible when using a SS shifter and SS paddles. If you are not interested in that there are ways to make them work and that I think has been covered in other threads.

Also with that being said If I can remember I will also include a wire with the kits that goes from the vehicle side clock spring connector to the BCM spot for the paddle shifter signal. If you are already under there may as well hook up all the wires for when we hopefully have a BCM programming option for it. Then if you ever install a Wheel with paddles it will all be pre wired.

That’s cool with me, I can respect you wanting to make it as close to stock as possible as far as length and connections. I honestly wouldn’t mind having to but connect or even cut and use a totaling different connector on both ends, if those specific connectors are hard to come by. Let me know if you can make this for me. I’ll be pulling the dash to install the SS dash anyways but can wait to do that until I can figure out this harness. Appreciate the help!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

jrob56 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:42 pm
RM96 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:33 pm Here's a picture of the currently selected gear being illuminated red in an SS.
Shifter.jpg
Yeah I checked mine and doesn’t light up red either, I’d bet that lies in that LIN pin and BCM, but I can’t say for sure.
Just realized the SS shifter does not have LED back-light control. So at night if you guys dim your dash lights does the shifter dim? Or stay just as bright? Wonder if the SS guys are the same? Or could back-light be dimmed through the LIN??
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
jrob56

Post by jrob56 »

smwalker wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:57 pm
jrob56 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:42 pm
RM96 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:33 pm Here's a picture of the currently selected gear being illuminated red in an SS.
Shifter.jpg
Yeah I checked mine and doesn’t light up red either, I’d bet that lies in that LIN pin and BCM, but I can’t say for sure.
Just realized the SS shifter does not have LED back-light control. So at night if you guys dim your dash lights does the shifter dim? Or stay just as bright? Wonder if the SS guys are the same? Or could back-light be dimmed through the LIN??
No back light control, I usually keep mine full bright but finally dimmed them one night and noticed it. I’d bet SS guys do and not sure if BCM and LIN controlled or not.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

It did not dim with the other lights is what you are saying correct?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
jrob56

Post by jrob56 »

smwalker wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:48 am It did not dim with the other lights is what you are saying correct?
Correct, no dimming and no red gear indicator.
impalaplt

Post by impalaplt »

Bringing an old thread back to life, but I have a question.....

Do I NEED to program the computer for the floor shifter, or JUST to enable the Tap to shift function??

I don't have HP Tuners yet, and I know I'll need to get it in the future (DOD Delete), but I'd like to move on with my dash/center console swap.

Plus, what are people using to fill the dash where the shifter was?

I'm thinking I'll just leave the "Push Button" there, but know I have to use the key.

Thanks
Gene
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

>Do I NEED to program the computer for the floor shifter, or JUST to enable the Tap to shift function??

The programming of the TCM is only for the tap shift.

All the other functions are manual through the Shifting rod. So a basic shifter.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
impalaplt

Post by impalaplt »

Thank you for the response. I really appreciate all the answers to my dumb questions.

That's the news I'd hoped to hear.

Thanks
smwalker wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:18 pm >Do I NEED to program the computer for the floor shifter, or JUST to enable the Tap to shift function??

The programming of the TCM is only for the tap shift.

All the other functions are manual through the Shifting rod. So a basic shifter.
Jester01

Post by Jester01 »

Can I add the paddle shifters and keep the column shifter? Call me strange but I like it on the column. Sorry if this is answered and I missed it. Thanks.
Jesse
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Sure you can have paddles and a column shifter, no prob.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White