Interior Light

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
AACoPD05

Interior Light

Post by AACoPD05 »

I think I have the answer for this but I thought I'd throw it out here in case there were other suggestions.

My 2012 was ordered with order code 7Y6, dome light disable, meaning when I open the door the dome light does not come on. Any way to activate this? The door ajar light on the dash works and the interior lights will come on when I press the dome light button but the wont come on automatically when I open the doors. Thanks.
Paul
2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport
gregc

Re: Interior Light

Post by gregc »

I would guess that that feature was programmed out of the BCM. My car doesn't have that option, but I can push the button and disable the lights from coming on if I open the door.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40

http://www.skymagik.net/~storm/cars/bro ... Manual.pdf

http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/gmfl ... 0Guide.pdf

In the Caprice Forum Tech Lounge, Tom provided the link to the 2011 PPV tech manual. The GM Fleet website now has only the 2013 info, but you can compare with the 2011 to see if 7Y6 has changed.

Based on what is in the links, 7Y6 is "hard wired" to function as it does. It would require a change to the BCM (I think) to function differently.

7Y6 lamp - Inoperative dome and courtesy lamps (dome and courtesy lamp will not operate when doors are opened. Dome lamp is controlled only by the
instrument light dimmer switches on the instrument panel)
AACoPD05

Post by AACoPD05 »

Thats what I was afraid of. Gone are the days where you simply plugged or unplugged something to get it to function they way you wanted. Thanks for checking.
Paul
2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport