2014 PPV and 2014 Chevy SS radio swap?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
VintageIron41

2014 PPV and 2014 Chevy SS radio swap?

Post by VintageIron41 »

Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.

With the understanding that the Chevy SS radio would likely need to be unlocked by a dealer, how much wiring would be present in the PPV that would plug in to the same year Chevy SS radio and Bose equipment?

Or simply put, is this a possible upgrade to a PPV?

Thank you!
s/c'd cav

Re: 2014 PPV and 2014 Chevy SS radio swap?

Post by s/c'd cav »

a quick search woulda lead you here - https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

s/c'd cav-
Thank you for your reply. I always search before I post, but while I appreciate this site very much, it's search function is not always helpful. My first attempt on this topic netted zero results, my second attempt gave me every post ever written with SS in it, after reading several pages not finding what I was searching for, I posted.
Yes, I have known about White audio and media, my understanding is they will do software upgrades, and can unlock a salvaged component. I have a Chevrolet dealership less than a mile from my home, so, while not cheap, if you factor in cost of shipping and time lost to sending a unit away during COVID, the dealership seems more logical due to it's proximity, so my question was less about the unlocking and more about the physical wiring present in a WN PPV. The Chevy SS uses a trunk mounted BOSE amplifier for example, and then there is the Navigation side of the Chevy SS radio, so after searching for several minutes, I posted regarding the wiring present behind the dash in a WN PPV. I am getting a lot of use from the hidden USB terminal, in fact, when I did the Camaro console floor shift upgrade, I removed the cigarette lighter, and installed a threaded circular USB port in it's place and connected it to the hidden USB terminal, so, I am wondering just how much if any other wiring is behind the dash that is alike the Chevy SS.

again, thank any and all who read my posts few that they are.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

basic answer it plugs in and works after being programed , and only basic features

yes other features can work , nav , xm , but they require more work and more programing

probably best reading through the whites section here , and the dealer will not be any help
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

VintageIron41 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:47 am s/c'd cav-
Thank you for your reply. I always search before I post, but while I appreciate this site very much, it's search function is not always helpful. My first attempt on this topic netted zero results, my second attempt gave me every post ever written with SS in it, after reading several pages not finding what I was searching for, I posted.
Yes, I have known about White audio and media, my understanding is they will do software upgrades, and can unlock a salvaged component. I have a Chevrolet dealership less than a mile from my home, so, while not cheap, if you factor in cost of shipping and time lost to sending a unit away during COVID, the dealership seems more logical due to it's proximity, so my question was less about the unlocking and more about the physical wiring present in a WN PPV. The Chevy SS uses a trunk mounted BOSE amplifier for example, and then there is the Navigation side of the Chevy SS radio, so after searching for several minutes, I posted regarding the wiring present behind the dash in a WN PPV. I am getting a lot of use from the hidden USB terminal, in fact, when I did the Camaro console floor shift upgrade, I removed the cigarette lighter, and installed a threaded circular USB port in it's place and connected it to the hidden USB terminal, so, I am wondering just how much if any other wiring is behind the dash that is alike the Chevy SS.

again, thank any and all who read my posts few that they are.
Dealer wont be able to do squat for that its a custom retrofit application to make it work without bose properly in a PPV.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Actually utilizing the Bose system can get complicated.

The PPV goes HEAD UNIT >>>> SPEAKERS

The SS Goes HEAD UNIT>>>> AMP (in the trunk )>>>> SPEAKERS

So you would have to recreate all that wiring. But I guess people have powered the PPV speakers just by using the Output of the SS head unit?? SO the power must be enough going to the amp to power the speakers. I have only heard of one person actually installing the wiring to utilize the AMP, and that he got from an SS.

But the other options for XM and GPS NAVI just require a few antennas. Info here (Turn off Ad Blocker to see links) :
http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4064
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

I just did this swap. Chris White will need to program it but it is plug and play. You do not need to rewire the car. For XM radio and Navigation you will need to buy antennas which plug into the back of the radio. If you want backup camera you will need to install camera and run wires into radio connector. (There is a post on here on how to do it) The output of the SS radio sounds exactly the same without an amp.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....