12V connectivity issue

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
tathrok

12V connectivity issue

Post by tathrok »

Good day all,

I've noticed that the 12V outlet doesn't work on my recently purchased 2011 PPV - is anyone aware of what fuse might or might not be involved in this?

At first I thought it was just that my microUSB car charger was too shallow to get full effect (I know, one can hope, right?) but I've done some testing and it has no power at all.
I can certainly tear into it and look myself, but as you might notice from the left side of your screen I reside in St. Paul (Minne-yota) and yesterday when I was arriving at work it was -15.

SO. If there is a possibly more simple answer, I'd love to try that first. I can't find a fuse diagram (or even where the box is) right now, so any help would be appreciated.

The plug below to the right of the shifter is the one I speak of (duh, I know).
Tharen Callanan
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C1
2012 Scion xD
1993 Buick Roadmaster - 288k on the odo and still going strong
R.I.P 1982 Caprice Coupe 9C1 Convert
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: 12V connectivity issue

Post by Navy Lifer »

You are aware (unless 9C1 is different) that the power tap is key-controlled? In other words, ignition has to be on or engine running for that port to be hot.

Past that, I'm not much help....can dig around a bit and see what I can find out.
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

Knowing how pool some install shops install the police equipment, mine being an example. I would guess there is a cut wire for it behind the panel. I am sure the fuse is fine as it likely is shared with other power functions. If you do not have a manual like mine did not, they are in the files section here. If the fuse is OK, start tracing the wires behind the panel and go from there.
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

Instrument Panel fuse box, to the left of the drivers left leg.
Fuse F14.

tathrok

Post by tathrok »

So months later, I realize I forgot to update this. K9Vic was spot on... they cut a wire just behind the plug and never bothered reattaching it via the spade, etc. So we threw one on there and blamo! Good to go.
Tharen Callanan
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C1
2012 Scion xD
1993 Buick Roadmaster - 288k on the odo and still going strong
R.I.P 1982 Caprice Coupe 9C1 Convert