Fog Lights as DRL's

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
AceVL

Re: Fog Lights as DRL's

Post by AceVL »

smwalker wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:47 am
Yuckydog wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:25 am Can the eyebrow lights be wired to be used as DRLs?
Sure anything is possible. But would not want to put to much heat generating bulb in the eyebrow portion of the headlight. I was someone melt the lens with like a 3 watt over size bulb. The factory ones light up pretty bright if you ask me those would be fine for DRLS I think.
What would the wiring be to change the eyebrow to the DRL? I’ve thought of doing the same thing now since I changed out the standard halogen bulb for an LED. I think it looks better than having the low beams on 24/7
South Cackalacky

2014 Caprice PPV
2005 Pontiac GTO
1998 Lexus SC400
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Fog Lights as DRL's

Post by smwalker »

Since the DRL's share the low beam wires you would have to intercept it at the relay and send to the Eyebrow lights. Lets look to see if you could pick it up in the Fuse box.

Wiring Diagram:
https://www.chiltonlibrary.com/content/ ... 662602.pdf

So In plug X3 10 and 18 we have dedicated wires to each parking light, so that's good. WOuld have so combine the output of the DRL relay to those two wires. I will give it a try with a mock up using some Posi Taps. But wold be nice is we could find lke a common buss bar connector to connect them all and lave the terminals in place on the wire.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White